PDA

View Full Version : AQs overly aggressive?

chucklhead
11-26-2003, 03:07 AM
Howdy,
I hold AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in late middle position. 9 handed .5/1 party poker.

2 middle position limpers to me, I raise. Small blind and big blind call. First limper re-raises (he's all-in). Second limper calls, I cap. Rest call. $9.5 in total pot.

Flop is: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to me, I bet, big blind folds all others call. $11.00

Turn is: [T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Small blind checks, MP bets, I raise, small blind folds, MP re-raises, I call.

River:[T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif] T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP bets, I call.
MP had 34 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, all in had A3o

Do to the nature of play from the MP, I have to put them on trips or a strong ace when they bet on the turn. I have been showing aggression and she likely knew I would raise her.

Should I raise on the turn if that is what I put her on?

Should I fold on the river when the full house is likely?

Any other suggestions?

As I was typing this I got AQs at a different table. It became quads that got action from 2 different players. I guess what goes around comes around.

Thanks,
Chucklehead

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 09:30 AM
I actually like your cap with the all-in raiser, creating a side pot and making the EP limpers pay is a good idea here. However, I hope you don't routinely cap w/AQs.

MPs turn bet into the pre-flop raiser w/an Ace-high flop after the board pairs would freeze me in my tracks in this type of game and I'd go into call down mode.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall