PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Public Service Announcement

rusty JEDI
11-26-2003, 02:31 AM
I was checking the "who's Online" and it astounded me how many people are viewing in threaded mode. Good god people you are torturing yourselves. Do yourselves a favour and move over to flat mode.

MrGrob
11-26-2003, 03:01 AM

Gaming Club
11-26-2003, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was checking the "who's Online" and it astounded me how many people are viewing in threaded mode. Good god people you are torturing yourselves. Do yourselves a favour and move over to flat mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along with solid poker content and great people (and thomas's animals), the flat mode interface of this forum is one of the main reasons for preferring this forum over all the others. Now if only they could do the same thing with PM threads ...

ArchAngel71857
11-26-2003, 03:14 AM
I was astounded that no one else was checking who was online.

-AA

Lori
11-26-2003, 04:22 AM
Do yourselves a favour and move over to flat mode

I do this because it hides Cyndie's replies in the title and I don't have to bother reading them.

Lori

Terry
11-26-2003, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have to bother reading them

[/ QUOTE ]

Cocktails... One saucer of milk, please. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS. IDRTE /images/graemlins/wink.gif

smudgex68
11-26-2003, 05:16 AM
Hey, you're right, it is much easier.
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stew
11-26-2003, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do yourselves a favour and move over to flat mode

I do this because it hides Cyndie's replies in the title and I don't have to bother reading them.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that was a tad below the belt, LOL.

Sleepy Weasel
11-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah, flat mode is much better than threaded. I just wish it was easier to follow subthreads in flat mode. Like some kind of (slight) indentation or something.

TobDog
11-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Hey if their not bright enough to figure out flat mode for themselves, then let them click away in threaded mode. You know there are still people who count on their fingers.

tobdog

whiskeytown
11-27-2003, 01:22 AM
I stick in threaded mode so I can view replies - otherwise it's all messed up....

so kiss my shiny metal ass...:D

RB

Cyndie
11-27-2003, 02:00 AM
seems like subjects that tell what is in the post make it easy to skip what you want to...If someone would explain what is sacred about the Re: I would listen, but thanks stew...I don't usually change things that make sense to me when people just criticize, but I am open to chage for a logical reason...for me it has always been a nuisance in threaded mode to get an idea of where a topic is headed...and in flat mode it isn't always easy to figure out what the post refers to...seems like a trade off.

However, there might be a solution for the best of both...I like those!

mosch
11-28-2003, 01:19 AM
I wish UBB would wake up and make a nested mode, so I could read the comments in the right context AND not have to look at a dozen pages just to read a thread.

Flat mode and threaded mode both suck, I want my money back!

Gaming Club
11-28-2003, 10:59 AM
The other small trick that's exceedingly useful is viewing the list of threads in "collapsed" mode rather than "expanded" mode --- that way you don't end up with a zillion replies on one thread taking up the whole screen -- instead you see the list of threads up to however many you set in your preferences to display at one time.

Saves you having to page thru to find the thread you want ... also saves having to see lists of replies you don't want to read in the first place /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim Kuhn
11-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Please don't make me count to eleven...........................ZIPPPP