PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Table: Me vs GuyOnTilt

MaxPower
11-26-2003, 12:18 AM
GuyOnTilt was playing under an alias. I asked him if he was GuyOnTilt and he said, "um..no, definitely not." Funny, he is from Kirkland (is that the place where they make all the Costco products) and his name has the letters GOT.

I had just entered the game an posted in the CO.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
MaxPower has 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is CO

MP3 (GOT) raises, MaxPower(poster) 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, GOT calls

Flop(8 SB): 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

GOT checks, MaxPower bets, GOT raises, MaxPower calls

Turn(10 BB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

GOT bets, MaxPower raises, GOT folds

I show my hand and GOT says he folded Jacks. He doesn't like my play. Do you?

Later in the session

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
MaxPower has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP2

MP1 (GOT) raises, MaxPower 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, GOT calls

Flop(8 SB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

GOT checks, MaxPower bets, GOT calls

Turn(8 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

GOT checks, MaxPower bets, GOT raises, Now I know he is on a flush draw and is using the semi-bluff raise - he would not play AQ or a set this way, so I 3-bet, GOT calls

River(14 BB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

GOT checks, I think he is trying to check-raise, I check.

GOT shows J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Comments appreciated

GuyOnTilt
11-26-2003, 12:34 AM
I don't know who the character you were playing against was, but I think you played both hands well, except for the 3-bet PF in Hand #1. Aside from that, very well played.

Your opponents open-raise in Hand 2 is on the loose side, but if his PF raises had been few and far between lately, and he been only taking down the blinds with his AA, QQ, and AKs, then I understand it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GoT

PS. There are lots of people in this area with the initials G.O.T. It must just be a Seattle thing or something. Just coincidence, nothing more.

MaxPower
11-26-2003, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your opponents open-raise in Hand 2 is on the loose side, but if his PF raises had been few and far between lately, and he been only taking down the blinds with his AA, QQ, and AKs, then I understand it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know an awfull lot about this for someone who wasn't at the table.

In the first one, I figured this guy was weak-tight (since it wasn't you) and I could win the pot on the flop. Not a great plan at that table.