PDA

View Full Version : Two hands I thought I played well...

ElSapo
11-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
ElSapo has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

UTG limps, ElSapo raises, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls

Flop(7 1/2 SB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, ElSapo bets, MP3 calls, UTG folds

Turn(4 3/4 BB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ElSapo bets, MP3 raises, ElSapo calls

River(8 3/4 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

ElSapo bets, MP3 raises, ElSapo calls

And then...

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
ElSapo has 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is BB

EP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB limps, ElSapo checks

Flop(7 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, ElSapo checks, EP1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, ElSapo calls

Turn(5 BB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

ElSapo checks, EP1 bets, MP2 folds, ElSapo calls

River(7 BB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

ElSapo bets, EP1 raises, ElSapo calls

bisonbison
11-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Hand 1:

I'm guessing mp3 flopped a set and was waiting for the river to announce it. I wouldn't bet out on the river, I'd check-call. Otherwise, I think you played fine.

Hand 2:

I'm guessing EP1 has something between A8 and AJ. If you're lucky, they're not suited /images/graemlins/heart.gif

But you've got low pair, a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw. I guess, combined, that might give you the right odds, but it's awfully thin, and when it's folded around to you on the flop, I see no problem with folding. hope you won.

lil'
11-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Hand 1 - Pre-flop and flop are routine. On the turn, an innocent card falls and you are raised. He is either sitting on something or playing top pair too hard. It's tough to put him on a set given the pre-flop action, but some will call with J-J in that spot preflop. I'd say there's an equal possibility of him having K-J, a set, or perhaps A-K. On the river you beat everything except the set, but I would rather check and call, as it seems there is a very good chance that he is going to bet. If you bet the river, he will call with hands you beat and raise with hands you lose to most of the time.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Hand 2 - On the flop, you seem to be against an ace, but you have to figure that any 5 or 3 puts you ahead, so you can't fold getting 8:1. You pick up more outs on the turn. On the river, I thought you would check-raise, as most would not suspect the runner runner flush.

If this is a guy that can't lay down an ace, there's not much point in semi-bluffing.

ElSapo
11-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Hand 1 - I felt he'd re-raise with JJ or KK, so the only hand I was really afraid of was 66 and many players on Party will indeed cold-call with KJ. When the board paired on the end I felt like it was worth another bet.

When he raised, I didn't think I was winning the hand but he did indeed have KJo.

Hand 2 -- I felt like it was an easy flop call, with six outs to a strong hand and maybe another one out to runner-runner, getting 9-1 on my call.

I think I should have check-raised the river, but when he raised my bet I think I definitely need to three-bet. I blanked on this, and all I could see was THREE-HIGH FLUSH in big warning letters. I didn't think about what he put me on, which was probably something like two pair. He had a set of 4s.

I'd be interested in hearing any more comments, I was actually happy with how I played these hands, especially the first one, despite each hand ending with me calling another bet.

Aces McGee
11-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Hi ElSapo

Hand 1: I would like to think I'd have played it the same way.

Hand 2: Your flush is well-disguised. Check-raise the river. Failing that, three-bet it.

McGee

Lost Wages
11-26-2003, 11:03 AM
you've got low pair, a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw. I guess, combined, that might give you the right odds, but it's awfully thin, and when it's folded around to you on the flop, I see no problem with folding.

He's getting 8:1 to call and he's got 9 outs to 2 pair, trips or a straight which is 4.2:1. For just trips or a straight it's 6 outs or 6.8:1. Plus he has a backdoor flush which adds an out or two.

Lost Wages

Nottom
11-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Hand 1: I like it. Up through the turn its pretty routine. On the river, KJ seems like his most likely hand here so you are often going to be ahead, but probably not so often that you want to check-raise and risk the 3-bet. As elysium used to say "You would like 1 or 2 bets to go in on the river, not 0 or 3". Good river bet.

Hand 2: On this one, I'd be much more confident in my hand. The river card is pretty scary, so I think a bet is right. I would probably 3-bet since the possiblility of your lone opponent going runner-runner with you seems pretty low. Its more likely he has a set or 2-pair then a flush.