PDA

View Full Version : Flop Check-Raise, Yokies!

Joe Tall
11-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Party Poker 5/10 (6 max)

I'm UTG w/A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif and raise.

A Super Suckout Hold'em Opponent (ASSHO) cold-calls and a new to the table-BB calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, I bet, ASSHO calls, BB-raises, I call, ASSHO calls.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, I call, ASSHO folds.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I call.

Would anyone do anyting differently? Fold on the flop? 3-bet the flop? Fold at anytime? Raise the turn? Take the Pats over the Colts? Limp preflop? Anyone speak Brazilian Portuguese? Get involved with a possible illegal alien?

Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Joe Tall

daryn
11-25-2003, 09:28 PM
i raise AJ utg in these games.. i would want to fold to the flop check raise, but i think i would have to call it down, just because i think it would be more profitable in the long run.

take the pats over the colts.

is brasilian portuguese different than portuguese from portugal? i don't think so , but could be wrong.. in any case, i can't help you there, although it's similar to italian.

get involved with possible illegal alien? YES.

bisonbison
11-25-2003, 09:32 PM
I call it down, but I'm dumb.

If you're looking for language tapes, Pimsleur has a brazilian portugeuse series. They're expensive but they're the best you can do on your own.

Joe Tall
11-25-2003, 09:48 PM
What up, D? Surprise to see you here.

[ QUOTE ]
i would want to fold to the flop check raise, but i think i would have to call it down, just because i think it would be more profitable in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was a live hand; I'd have second thoughts. But since it's Party-online, I couldn't think of folding, in fact, I nearly raised the flop to test the waters and knock the ASSHO out.

[ QUOTE ]
is brasilian portuguese different than portuguese from portugal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brazilian Portuguese is a little different, especially in the everyday languauge.

[ QUOTE ]
take the pats over the colts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a match up, eh? Is Harrison playing? The O vs. the D. What the hell is the spread anyway?

Peace,
JT

GuyOnTilt
11-25-2003, 10:05 PM
If this was a live hand; I'd have second thoughts. But since it's Party-online, I couldn't think of folding, in fact, I nearly raised the flop to test the waters and knock the ASSHO out.

Why would you want ASSHO out? If you're ahead then he's drawing to 4 outs max, but probably less.

GoT

lil'
11-25-2003, 10:19 PM
I'd play it the same way.

As for the game, Belicheck has always OWNED Manning. I expect that nothing will change.

When the Pats went 1-15 in 1991, who did the one win come from? The Colts.

Joe Tall
11-25-2003, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want ASSHO out? If you're ahead then he's drawing to 4 outs max, but probably less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Guy. I never really put ASSHO on a hand other than 'what the fcuk is ASSHO doing in this hand?' Either way I called it down.

Peace,
JT

daryn
11-25-2003, 10:53 PM
i like the D. over the O... belly will have peyton very frustrated.. pats will win if and only if brady actually shows up /images/graemlins/frown.gif

as for the hand, right.. in live play i would muck it, but on party i would just have to call it down

ResidentParanoid
11-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Do not check, because if you do, it will cost you an infinite amount when checked through. That's what I learned in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=419921&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) . /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do not check, because if you do, it will cost you an infinite amount when checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted this is often very true in LL games.

But, I didn't check at all in this hand. I bet out and was check-raised.

I'll check out your threads tomorrow during my 'fluff' day at work.

Peace,
JT

astroglide
11-26-2003, 03:37 AM
no, that's what you took out of context because you are small-minded. it was clearly defined.

ResidentParanoid
11-26-2003, 09:34 AM
Easy, astro. Just having some fun. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I understood your point.

ResidentParanoid
11-26-2003, 09:37 AM
I was just having some fun with astro. On your hand here, I'd probably play it just as you did. Optionally, I would fold pre-flop.

ResidentParanoid
11-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Oh, and just to be precise, it doesn't "cost" you an infinite amount. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif It just could give someone a free card, which corresponds to infinite pot odds. I was being sarcastic in my post above.

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 09:42 AM
First, I'm surprised no one called me out on my 'A Super Suckout Hold'em Opponent' (ASSHO(LE)) as it was somewhat of a tilt-like statement.

The BB showed A2o and I took it down.

I should have 3-bet the flop as I'm confident a hand with a King would check-raise a higher street in this game.

Thank you for your responses,
JT

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It just could give someone a free card, which corresponds to infinite pot odds. I was being sarcastic in my post above

[/ QUOTE ]

ResidentParanoid,

Lay off the weed, bro. I never checked in this hand and have no clue what you are talkin about. Plus, maybe you wouldn't be so paranoid if you weren't stoned.

Peace,
JT

MRBAA
11-26-2003, 11:30 AM
I think it's an easy call, live or online unless you know your opponent very well (which you didn't here). A king is such a monster hand here that many opponents will wait to raise, so I think you may be up against A-worse kicker that is testing the waters.

MRBAA
11-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Just read the results. Against an unknown opponent, even playing short table, I think your play is probably optimal. Since you had position, he's not getting a free card (you'll bet if he checks) and since there's the biggest possible pair on board you're not worried about him hitting his kicker for two pair.

astroglide
11-26-2003, 12:35 PM
fair enough

ResidentParanoid
11-26-2003, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lay off the weed, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone do anyting differently? Fold on the flop? 3-bet the flop? Fold at anytime? Raise the turn? Take the Pats over the Colts? Limp preflop? Anyone speak Brazilian Portuguese? Get involved with a possible illegal alien?

[/ QUOTE ]

You first, bruddah. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You first, bruddah.

[/ QUOTE ]

You made me laugh out loud.

Put it in the Air!!

Peace (pipe),
JT

CrackerZack
11-26-2003, 07:30 PM
check-raise stinks of an ace. I'd probably 3-bet and be worried if ASSHO calls cold again as he probably has a K. You could raise the turn also but if either has a K you're gonna be 3-bet after spending 2 BBs. Not fun times.