PDA

View Full Version : Should I have slowed down with this two-pair?

chesspain
11-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Paradise 1/2...Approx. 30-35% seeing the flop...I was about to leave the table due to a general tightening of the players when I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the CO.

Folded to me and I openraise, folded around to the BB who calls.

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks, I bets, he checkraises, I three bet, he caps, I call.

[Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] K /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets, I raise, he three-bets, I cap, he calls

[Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif] 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He bets, I call...anyone guess what my opponent had? And besides for possibly not capping the turn, would anyone have played this differently? Results below...
He showed K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, for the flopped straight!

bisonbison
11-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Flop = ok.
Turn = slow down. You're behind to any jack, and he might have also flopped or turned a set. If he's got the straight, you've got, at best, 7 outs. If he's got a set, you may have as few as 2 outs, or as many as 5. I'd call him down on the turn and river.

Clarkmeister
11-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Not only should you have not capped the turn, you shouldn't have raised the turn. When he bets into that turn card, your only real option is to go limp and call him down.