PDA

View Full Version : QQ, play too weak??

Alobar
11-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Party 1/2 table, very first hand, so I have no read on anyone

I'm dealt Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in late posistion blind post
one MP limper to me and I raise, both buttons and the MP limper call

Flop:J /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to me and I bet, small blind calls, BB amd MP fold

Turn:Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, I check

River:5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB Bets, I call

Love to hear some opinions, I'll post the exciting results later

bisonbison
11-25-2003, 07:44 PM
What are you checking the turn for? You're not getting any aggression from the SB, so it's unlikely that he's flopped the flush and there are only 2 spades that beat you if a fourth one comes. Even if you didn't hit trips, I would bet the turn, and charge him for whatever he thinks he's doing. You may be way ahead, and you've got 10 outs on the river.

Plus, it'd let you know whether his river bet is his real, and lame, slowplay or if he's just bluffing at you after it got checked through.

gcue
11-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Bet the turn, bet the river

Nothing should have slowed you down there unless he check raised you. And a check raise on the turn I'd be very likely to 3bet and see if he caps. If capped just call/check the river that is unless the board pairs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alobar
11-25-2003, 08:16 PM
SB had K /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the straight and took the pot.

I checked the turn thinking I was only gunna get raised by a better hand, and the free card was going to help me more than him. I felt really smart after the fact. But then started to wonder if playing it more aggresively would make more money in the long run, and this hand was just by luck one of the few times it didnt go my way. So I wanted to put it here for those way more experienced than I to tell me the proper stratedgy

gcue
11-25-2003, 09:08 PM
SIt down with that guy as often as you can

he called your flop bet with no spades, 1 overcard and a gutshot = 5 outs , all of which may not be good.

lil'
11-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Please bet the turn. You have an awesome hand and you have many outs to improve. You have absolutely no reason to think you are losing.

It worked out for you this time, but in the long run you have to bet the turn.

Clarkmeister
11-26-2003, 12:50 AM
"I checked the turn thinking I was only gunna get raised by a better hand"

Why? I mean, if you think like this and constantly see monsters under the bed, then you are going to have long term problems beating the game. There are times to check made hands behind on the turn, but this most certainly isn't one of them.