PDA

View Full Version : Problem Hands

JDErickson
11-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Ok, a few hands I would like people opinion and plays on. Responses aimed towards Micro limits and not higher.

KQo in early position. With 0 or 1 limpers. Raise/Call/Fold? With 2-3 limpers, Raise/Call/Fold? How about LP with tons of callers? What about lots of callers and 1 raise?

KJo Same as above (Had this hand 4 times last night in EP)

KJs Same as above

QJo Same as above

QJs Same as above

Thanx,
Jim

Yeknom58
11-25-2003, 07:20 PM
KJo/QJo - I generally muck these. I might play if it's 1 limper or I'm opening in LP and I can raise to get it heads up/make an attempt to steal/keep it short handed and I can buy the button.
KJs/QJs - With 2 limpers ahead of me I'll limp along. With one limper and I'm in EP I might limp if it's a loose table otherwise it's a muck. With a family pot and I'm on the button and LP raises I'll probably muck but I'll be tempted to call. If it's an EP raise and it's cold called to me I probably call. The pot would be stuipdly large at that point and the likely hood of a 3 bet is slim.
KQs-I like to raise with this hand in EP and LP. Sometimes I'll limp along with this hand.

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KQo in early position. With 0 or 1 limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I open-raise.

KQo [ QUOTE ]
With 2-3 limpers, Raise/Call/Fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I limp. Unless I have the image where I know the others will fold as I've been dominating the table, then I'll raise.

[ QUOTE ]
KJo Same as above (Had this hand 4 times last night in EP)

[/ QUOTE ]

and I hope you folded it. KJo in EP is going to more than a problem than it's worth.

KJs: I like to raise it after limpers, especially in LP after many limpers. This is a clear value raise in this position.

QJo, I muck often. On the button, you may want to limp if you are confident in post flop play.

QJs in EP muck it. Open raise in MP and I raise for value in LP after limpers.

Peace,
JT