PDA

View Full Version : In what situation would u call a raise from BB w/ KQ? nm

JTrout
11-25-2003, 03:57 PM

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-25-2003, 04:06 PM
If there are more than 2 callers and my call closes the action.

If it's heads-up to me, depending on the bettor, I either reraise or fold.

Bob T.
11-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Boy, I must be the loosest player in this forum. I play against a raise, unless it would be headsup, against an EP raiser.

Whether or not I call or reraise, depends on how I believe the player will play postflop.

ThingDo
11-25-2003, 06:22 PM
I generally play this for a raise when it isn't HU and the raise isn't from EP.

JTrout
11-26-2003, 12:50 AM
So, you would fold in this situation:
Party 3=6, MP limper (he plays 50 percent of hands, raises with 3%), then cut-off raises (he plays 30 percent, raises 10 percent). Your BB w/ KQ offsuit.
This was the situation I faced when I posted this thread. I folded, but did not feel good about it.
Thanks to all who responded.
Speck.

GuyOnTilt
11-26-2003, 12:53 AM
I call in the example you gave. Since the CO is loose and aggressive, he could be raising all sorts of hands here to isolate the very weak MP limper. Usually I'm a big fan of position, but in this instance against these opponents, you'll be ahead more than enough of the time to justify calling, IMO.

GoT

Bob T.
11-26-2003, 05:44 AM
I would call in this situation, you are likely getting 5-1, on your preflop decision, and I think I have enough hand to call with those odds. Additionally, it seems that the raiser, is probably a loose raiser, so I think that makes it an easy call.