PDA

View Full Version : Now I remember why I stopped reading PokerPages

Duke
11-25-2003, 02:11 PM
The ignorant (I do not mean ignorant to be derisive, it's just the best word meaning "ignorant" that I could think of this morning) post regarding "a bit of maths" got me to glance back at that site.

Looks like today they put up a player profile on an 18 year old kid who can't adhere to grammatical rules, or actually play poker. By the way, he really likes Matt Damon. Oh, and he can't beat people who play rags as starting hands, since they're lucky (at least in the short run). Good job qualifying it so people won't think that you don't understand this game.

I'm not trying to berate a kid here, but who is the idiot who actually posted that to their front page?

At least I didn't see another story from that tool who thinks he's a chick, or that other gem that writes those random stories filled with poker one-liners that attempt to be semi-serious. I was waiting for one of his cop stories to end with a runner-runner after he tried to go back door.

I guess I could say the same sort of thing about this site, aside from the fact that this is unmoderated as far as content goes, and I choose to filter out the crap myself. Matt's not putting elysium's posts on the front page with a flash tag to draw attention to them.

~D