PDA

View Full Version : Throwing punches at a pillow... Pillow wins!!

jonahmavesin
11-25-2003, 11:49 AM
Party 2/4
Hero is BB, dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
MP calls, LP calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop [4SB] is K /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
SB checks, Hero bets (semi-bluff, hoping to clear board, steal position, gain info, etc. etc.), MP folds, LP folds, SB calls. (success!)

Turn [3BB] is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

River [5BB] is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
SB checks, Hero checks.

SB turns over K /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the win.

So I clearly misplayed this. (Though what in the WORLD was he hoping for by calling the turn? How does he not put me on trip A's and fold??) My question is, I understand the idea of betting out as a semi-bluff on the flop (here, b/c I had 2nd pair), but at what point do you back off? I seem to find myself "backing up my strength" all the way to the river when I semi-bluff the flop and get called - I just keep betting out hoping they'll fold. Usually, they should have, but draw out on me anyway.

Was I right to keep showing strength on the turn? Did I chicken out by not betting the river looking for a fold? At that point I put him on A-bad-kicker. Classic case where I was reading him, he wasn't reading me, and so I cried uncle first? Help! /images/graemlins/confused.gif