PDA

View Full Version : Flop raise killed my action?

Girchuck
11-25-2003, 11:43 AM
$2-4 game

On the button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 limpers to me, I limp along, SB folds, BB checks
The flop is
Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Aggressive solid BB bets, there is one caller in MP,
I raise,
both call
the turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)
Checked to me, I check
The river is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Checked to me, I bet, both fold

I bought me a free card with a flop raise, but did it make my hand obvious?

Lost Wages
11-25-2003, 11:52 AM
With 2 opponents who have checked and likely 12 outs, I would have semibluffed the turn.

Lost Wages

Nottom
11-25-2003, 11:55 AM
If they had anything decent they would have called anyway. You played this fine.

AviD
11-25-2003, 12:02 PM
I think you played it fine.

I think due to that rag turn if you bet it...you would have won it right there. BB knew he was beat and MP was on a draw...and that 4c certainly didn't help them otherwise I think they would have bet it out to push you back (esp with the flush draw, even if p4s made trips on the turn).

But, buying that river is an important move, and what's more important is it paid off (albeit not as much as you may have liked).

The improvement wasn't too solid outside of the flush...maybe someone could have made two pair or even trip 5s on the river...but most decent players will recognize the flush potential on the board on that flop and into the river. Your best bet would have been if someone was on a spade flush draw as well perhaps with Qx, and put you on something like T5 when you came out raising ATF.

But, it seems like the turn and river didn't improve any of their hands and obviously no flush draw was there for your opponents. So they jammed come the river...they had no chance.

They likely had junk, BB probably on Tx and bet with the 10s to feel you out. He may have put you on Qx and backed off/dumped come the turn and river with no improvement. MP may have been holding on to Ax looking for a catch...who I think should have dumped earlier.

I think you played it well though, got the free card, made the flush, and took the pot without showing! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also worth noting, even if they did put you on the made flush draw...they may put you on it in the future. Its good you are thinking along the lines of what THEY may be thinking YOU are thinking. Use that in future hands to add to the deception level and let them put you on a draw straight/flush...when you certainly aren't.

Good Luck! /images/graemlins/wink.gif