PDA

View Full Version : Cap City - Give it Up?

Festus22
11-25-2003, 09:10 AM
First let me preface this with what an amazing night I had last night - NOT!. KK cracked by 2 pair (J-6o), lost with QQ twice, AKs twice - no pair, no flush, AKo 3 times - never saw an A or K, AQs and AQo one each - no match, flopped a 4-flush 3 times and an open end straight draw twice - missed them all. And this was in a span of 45 minutes. I was down 40BB and scratched and clawed back to -7, called it a moral victory and quit for the night. Anyhow, on to the hands:

Party $0.5/1
Hand 1
QQ UTG+1. I open raise, one MP cold caller, LMP 3-bets (definite LAG), button (no read) caps. I call, MP folds and LMP calls.

Flop 10-9-4 R. I check, LMP bets, button raises, I 3-bet, LMP caps, button and I call. OK then...

Turn is a 2. I bet, LMP raises, button 3-bets. Now what?

Hand 2
3-3 UTG+2. UTG limps, I limp, 2 more limpers, CO raises, both blinds and all call for 14 SB's.

Flop 10-5-3, 2 suits. Blinds and UTG check, I bet, one fold, one caller and CO raises. Blinds fold, UTG calls, I 3-bet, caller folds, CO caps, UTG and I call.

Turn is a 5 for 10-5-5-3, no 3 flush. Now UTG bets, I raise, CO folds, UTG 3-bets, I cap. OK so far?

River is a K for a final board of K-10-5-5-3. UTG bets. Raise or call?

Results and what I did to follow.

Lost Wages
11-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Festus,

Hand 1)
I would have bet out on the flop. If it's raised and reraised back to you then I think you can fold. At that point its obvious that it's going to cost you a lot to see your hand through and any ace or king falling would be a death blow. With Kings you would have to see it through.

Hand 2)
Raise and cap the river.

Lost Wages

Festus22
11-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Hand 1
In true tilt fashion, I called the button's 3-bet and then LMP capped. I called. I checked the river as did LMP and we both called the button's bet.

LMP showed JJ
Button showed AA

I think I should have folded to the button's turn 3-bet and saved 4 BB's. Agreed?

Hand 2
After UTG came to life on the turn, I obviously put him on a 5 but thought I was still way ahead since he would need 10-5 or 5-3 to be in the lead. I was also fairly confident that the river K was no help so I raised. He then 3-bet and I called. He flipped K-5o and took it down. Yep, he called the flop cap with middle pair, one overcard and no draw. I put us into twodimes after the flop and I was a 98% favorite at that point.

Don't you get the feeling sometimes that there's this evil man in the Party server room that occasionally picks your name, declares "No soup for you!", presses a few buttons and sits back and laughs maniacally at the ensuing carnage. (It's probably the same guy that spills his glass of Mogan David 20/20 and periodically crashes the server.)

ramjam
11-25-2003, 01:40 PM
1. Fold. You're only getting about 9-1 to call two cold and you could easily face a cap from LAG. I don't reckon your chances of winning this are better than the 22-1 chance of catching a Q on the river. LAG, if he's really crazy, could possibly be jerking around with AK/AQ or a single T - but if he doesen't have TT, KK, or AA, the button almost certainly does. Call me a wimp but I'd have checked the turn.

2. I would raise (and call a re-raise) against an unknown/typical/weak Party 0.5/1 player [eg. someone who limps UTG with cheese and calls their way through a firestorm on the flop with middle pair]. I would guess it's more than 66% likely he has a single 5 (rather than a full house) and is not really thinking much about whether you have a full house (or a 5 with a better kicker). If the player had previously demonstrated a superior degree of analytical ability, I would be more inclined to call.