PDA

View Full Version : What a morning!

01-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Playing $3/6 and I was just kind of "maintaining." A guy sits directly to my right with a VERY large buyin for this game. He starts betting and raising immediately and I start to watch him a bit more. One play that got me interested was he raised UTG and showed T4o and lost. He continued this activity for a while and UTG he raised again. I thought for a second and with AsQh I called. I REALLY wanted to re-raise but I did not. Note: AQo is a hand I always fold to an EP raiser. The BB calls and the flop was 5cJcQs. UTG bet I raised and was unhappy to see the BB call. I was now worried that I did not re-reaise the maniac preflop to knock out blinds. The Ah falls on the turn and UTG checks, I bet and the two both call. Now I feel much better...PLEASE NO CLUB on the river.

Yep, 7c and the BB bet out with his 9c4c. I called to see it and UTG mucked as did I. I was pretty bummed, but a great opportunity to get some advice on playing a hand like this vs. a opponent who is playing pretty crazy with a pile of chips in front of him.

How was my play, is it better to just not play this guy? If I know he will raise UTG with crap, should I have re-raised in hopes to get heads up? Any other comments are welcome.

Gary W.

01-15-2002, 06:23 PM
AQos....raise!!! if yer gonna play in this situation.

AQs...raise or call...preferably raise

b

01-16-2002, 12:04 AM
You knew he had nothing pre-flop, so your AQo was good, good enough for a re-raise anyway, surly you would have got rid of the flush caller.

01-16-2002, 06:13 PM
You must raise pre-flop. The reason youd fold AQ to an EP raise is because of the fear of it being dominated. You know this guy is playing anything so a re-raise is automatic. You might win unimproved if you can get him heads up.