PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way I could have won this hand??

jonahmavesin
11-25-2003, 01:29 AM
Party 1/2.

Hero is MP1, dealt 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Fold to hero, who limps. One LP limper, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop [4 SB] is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB check, BB check, Hero bets, LP folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn [3 BB] is 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

River [5 BB] is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.

I will end the suspense right here and tell you that the SB had T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the flush.

So, can you think of any play I could have made that could have won this hand, given that he had 2nd pair on the flop and picked up a flush draw on the turn? I don't think I could have gotten a check-raise in on the flop, he would have just checked through.

Was I screwed all the way, or did I miss a golden opportunity? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bob T.
11-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Was I screwed all the way, or did I miss a golden opportunity?

No, you were way ahead all the way, and your opponet won his 20+ to 1 long shot. Probably never going to win this time, but you win every other time he misses.

CrackerZack
11-25-2003, 01:59 AM
No.

tpir90036
11-25-2003, 03:49 AM
yes. turn it into a no-limit game and go all-in on the flop. he would probably fold....then again, maybe he wouldn't /images/graemlins/wink.gif

anyway, i would have played the hand the same way. a check-raise would have failed IMHO and he wasn't going anywhere anyway.