PDA

View Full Version : 1-3 spread limit Hold'em Home Game

Hotrod0823
11-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Played a 1-3 spread game yesterday and it left the game with a bad feeling and down 70 bucks.

The game was friendly with 1-3 stakes on all betting rounds and on any raise, 3 raises max and $40 buy in.

The game started as a pretty standard LL game. 8 players with 5-6 seeing every flop for a buck, SB .50, BB 1.00. Some raising when players made hands lots of calling and some decent pots on average 15-20 bucks.

Then this hand came up and tilted the entire table. The funny thing about this hand was that 2 players involved started out more tight then the rest of the any 2 cards will do types that were dragging pots with bottom pair.

The hand:

Betting got capped at 10 bucks with 5 out of 8 players in. 1 player all-in for 5. I wasn't feeling too good about my Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button at this point but lets see.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif SB checks, BB bets 3, UTG calls, I raise All call. BB is all-in at this point.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif checked to me I but 2 bucks SB folds, UTG calls were heads up with 2 players all-in. Okay if he had the flush he may have bet or at least Raised me.

River: 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif Okay flush and straights are possible. Checked again and I bet again. He only calls??

What did they have?? BB - all-in at the flop, UTG, UTG+1 all-in preflop and my QQ on the button?

That turned out to be a huge pot 70-75 bucks and put me and a few others on tilt. From that point on literally any 2 cards were getting played, raised and winning ! How do you avoid getting beat out of pots by bad hands if they won't fold to a raise?

Hotrod0823
11-25-2003, 09:14 AM
BB: AKo
UTG: Kc Qc --- Winner
MP: 910o

UTG wins by calling the all the raises with almost the worst hand. Preflop he had to call 7 chips to see the flop and dragged 70+ with the flush that came on the turn.