PDA

View Full Version : Revenge on the any2carders

gcue
11-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (6 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP1

UTG limps, Hero limps, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop(4 SB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Seems like my flop)

BB checks, UTG bets, (lets see if the BB has a 3)Hero raises, (nope)BB folds, UTG 3-bets(wtf must have a 10 ?!?!), Hero caps, UTG calls

Turn(6 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets(wtf?? pocket 10s? or did this dipstick actually play a 3 here?), Hero calls

River(12 BB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif MWUAHAHAHHAA

UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG calls

He did infact have a J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Gomez22
11-25-2003, 12:40 AM

gcue
11-25-2003, 01:18 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (6 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif and is Button

UTG limps, MP1 limps, CO limps, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG calls, CO calls

Flop(18 SB): Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero calls

Turn(10 1/2 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls

River(16 1/2 BB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls

UTG shows Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif hahahahahahaha

TheRake
11-25-2003, 01:29 AM
Gcue,
Don't get too cocky...Tomorrow you might be here complaining about your AA being cracked by 72o /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheRake

colgin
11-25-2003, 01:59 AM
The best part of this story is that your UTG player will not have learned anything from this. Getting revenge on a fish is great but you don't want to end up educating them at the same time if you can avoid it. This player will see this as a bad beat and not a reason not to continue to play Jxs type of hands. Plus, you catching runner runner Aces will "teach" him/her that you should stay in to the river because you might just catch those turn and river miracle cards and win a big pot. Continued success.

GuyOnTilt
11-25-2003, 02:09 AM
Sorry to rain on your ego parade, but you misplayed this hand. Not raising the flop was a MAJOR mistake. This is one of the worst flops to slowplay on. It practically screams draws and action. Not a good smooth-call.

GoT

gcue
11-25-2003, 02:22 AM
I know it isn't a good limp, but I had just crossed my target $ amount for the day by $4 and was just waiting for blinds to come around.

I really didn't want to get into another hand but it came up so I thought I'd throw $1 at it just to see. When I hit the flop (or thought I had) Then I decided to play it, and I will also agree that my turn raise was a little over agressive, but I just didn't buy him having a 3 (yup I was dead wrong)

and it's not ego, just payback for all the times I bet top pair all the way to have A2o catch runner runner 2's to beat me and such

GuyOnTilt
11-25-2003, 03:40 AM
I was actually referring to your KK hand. Reread my post. But yes, you should've raised your ATs hand as well. Not raising because you just passed your goal for the day isn't smart poker. A long-term winning player judges his daily earnings by his hourly rate, not by the actual amount they won in any particular day. You should be playing solid poker every hand. If waiting for the blinds to come around is going to cause you to play less than optimal poker, then just leave the table from LP.

GoT

pauly2x
11-25-2003, 05:37 AM
I saw a guy in a NL party SnG crack three pocket aces (including one of mine). Once with a Q2o, once with a 68d and once with a J4d. Craziness is reraising all-in with Q2o. I was happy when I saw that hand, but started crying when the flop came with two deuces. Such is life.

gcue
11-25-2003, 12:28 PM
I have to disagree with the KK hand, I would never play that any differently.

Any draw is going to stay in whether I raise the flop or not, and on that flop if a draw card comes (heart,A,J,T) I'll simply smooth call it the whole way thereby not driving anyone out as to still have a decent pot if I win, and losing the minimum if I don't.

when a draw card does not come I can safely raise the turn, trapping the middle guy for an extra $2 bet rather than a $1 bet not to mention getting him betting out on the river hoping I was on a draw of some sort

I have no idea why you would want to raise this flop against only 2 players when I'm clearly way ahead, and my raise will not push out anyone drawing but it will kill my turn action where the bets are doubled.

eh923
11-25-2003, 12:52 PM
GoT is dead on with all of his comments, including your money management style.

On the KK hand, that was not a great flop for you. You're probably right that the draws would've stayed, but charging them is still the right move. Sure you made a bet or two more this time, but you also increase the possibility of losing the entire pot (which is by no means the "minimum").

gcue
11-25-2003, 01:15 PM
I'm by no means an expert, infact I'm fairly new.

But can you explain a little more clearly why that's a bad call against 2 players with me being in last position and the SB betting out. Keep in mind if they have a draw are not going to fold it. maybe with examples. because I still think it's the right move

These are the scenarios I'm thinking of
If I do raise the flop and a draw card comes and it's checked to me then what? check and give a free card to a possible one card str8 or flush? or bet and risk a check raise that I pretty much have to calldown having top set against a (semi)bluff and overouts if they really did hit.

They're already being charged for their draw by the fact that it was bet by the SB, I don't see what good raising that flop does other than let them know how strong I am sooner, and set myself up for a check raise if they hit a draw.

And please don't get the wrong impression here, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but rather trying to learn everything I can.

TheRake
11-25-2003, 01:29 PM
This particular play has been debated many times on this forum. I don't consider waiting for the turn to raise this hand "Slow playing". I would rather charge someone 2 big bets on the turn to see the last card when the flush or str8 card doesn't come rather than 2 small bets (on the flop) then have them check to me on the turn. This ruins the effective odds for thier drawing hand. It is not always correct to play the hand this way, but I think in this case it was.

TheRake

Nottom
11-25-2003, 02:53 PM
I have to disagree with everyone about the KK hand. I think waiting till the turn is probably correct in this case.

Hero was on the button and everyone was in after an SB bet. Raising here does nothing to limit the field and you will get more money in the pot and punish any draws more on the turn if it bricks off.

Waiting till the turn probably earned our Hero an extra BB and getting the most out of your big hands is what separates the winners from the losers.

GuyOnTilt
11-25-2003, 02:59 PM
But can you explain a little more clearly why that's a bad call against 2 players with me being in last position and the SB betting out. Keep in mind if they have a draw are not going to fold it.

The point of raising the flop is never to get legitimate draws to fold. It won't ever happen, especially in this instance where raising isn't forcing anybody to call 2 bets cold. The point of raising is to charge those draws to catch up while you're ahead. As I said earlier, this board screams action! Raise and hope you get played back at. It's just too dangerous of a flop to not get as much money in as you can while you KNOW that you're ahead.

If I do raise the flop and a draw card comes and it's checked to me then what? check and give a free card to a possible one card str8 or flush? or bet and risk a check raise that I pretty much have to calldown having top set against a (semi)bluff and overouts if they really did hit.

You definitely don't check the turn, regardless of what card falls. Don't even look at the board if you're never raised for the rest of the hand if that's what it takes. And I'm being serious. If you would even contemplate checking the turn or river if a draw card came, don't even look at the board until after you bet. Checking the turn, even if a heart comes, would be disasterous. If you get c/r'ed, then you can call down unimproved if it's a heart, but I'd still 3-bet if it were a potential straight card, since it would more likely mean 2-pair than a straight.

What was your plan if a heart fell on the turn? Just call down without filling up on the river? Calling on every street is about the worst way you can play a flopped top set. Raising the flop will allow you to play the turn and river more accurately because you'll have a better read on your opponents' hands.

They're already being charged for their draw by the fact that it was bet by the SB,

Wouldn't you rather charge them as much as possible, than just the minimum?

I don't see what good raising that flop does other than let them know how strong I am sooner, and set myself up for a check raise if they hit a draw.

Why does a flop raise mean that you have a monster hand? Hopefully you've been aggressive with your hands at this table that a flop raise doesn't mean 2 pair or better. You raise because you have the best hand. Your hand is very vulnerable on this flop. You must take control of this pot ASAP and not let it go until somebody makes you.

So you raise the flop:

1) For value. Get the money in when you know you're ahead.
2) For information. It'll allow you to play the turn and river more accurately, and more in line with the FTOP.
3) To gain control of the pot. Aggression is vital to maximizing success in this game.

And please don't get the wrong impression here, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but rather trying to learn everything I can.

That's why I'm here too.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
11-25-2003, 03:05 PM
I have to disagree with everyone about the KK hand. I think waiting till the turn is probably correct in this case.

Slowplaying on that flop is a bad idea, IMO. I don't see how waiting till the turn to raise is correct. There's just too many turn cards that can come off that will either make you not want to raise, or if you do raise, get you 3-bet.

Hero was on the button and everyone was in after an SB bet. Raising here does nothing to limit the field and you will get more money in the pot and punish any draws more on the turn if it bricks off.

You're not raising to limit the field. You're raising for value and for information. And if they're on draws, what makes you think they'll bet the turn?

Waiting till the turn probably earned our Hero an extra BB and getting the most out of your big hands is what separates the winners from the losers.

In this particular hand, waiting till the turn actually cost our hero a couple bets I think. The SB flopped two pair. HOWEVER, THE RESULTS ARE NOT RELEVANT. The question is, if this hand were played out an infinite amount of times, with his opponents holding random hands and the turn and river coming up with random cards, what flop play would show the most profit. I think it's definitely a raise.

I'm willing to be corrected, but it's going to take much convincing. This flop is a horrible one to be slowplaying. Raise, raise, raise.

GoT

gcue
11-25-2003, 03:59 PM
I do see what you mean a little more clearly, I also see rake's point on how this hand can be very debatable as to which way it should be.

[ QUOTE ]
What was your plan if a heart fell on the turn? Just call down without filling up on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my exact plan - Any K and any 2pair possibly a Q is going to keep betting unless they are tight passive -- one problem here is if a draw card hits and it's checked to me on the turn I still have to bet and may be setting myself up for a check raise, although I still have 10 overouts.

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't you rather charge them as much as possible, than just the minimum?

[/ QUOTE ]
not so early as it gives better odds to their calls on the turn

I do see your side more clearly now though ... but now I'm on the fence as to which way is better. Both ways have upsides and downsides from what I see.

Nottom
11-25-2003, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Slowplaying on that flop is a bad idea, IMO. I don't see how waiting till the turn to raise is correct. There's just too many turn cards that can come off that will either make you not want to raise, or if you do raise, get you 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a flop raise does anything to help you. If Hero was in EP or if the bet came from UTG and there were still players left to act, I think a raise is correct. When everybody is already in for one bet a raise does nothing to help you win the pot, so I think its best to begin focusing on maximizing the pot that you are most likely going to win.

[ QUOTE ]
You're not raising to limit the field. You're raising for value and for information. And if they're on draws, what makes you think they'll bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get more value from a turn raise. What makes you think they are on draws?

[ QUOTE ]
In this particular hand, waiting till the turn actually cost our hero a couple bets I think. The SB flopped two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was UTG who flopped the 2-pair and never raised even though given plenty of opportunity, so I think I can safely say he didn't lose any bets.

eh923
11-25-2003, 04:14 PM
When I was 16, I got my first traffic ticket. And you know, it didn't feel as bad as I thought it would.

Why does that matter to you? Several of your posts point out a fear of being check-raised. You'll eventually get CR'd, and it isn't that big of a deal. When it happens to you, it doesn't mean the end of the world. You could be behind, but perhaps the turn gave someone a good draw, two pair, a lower set, etc. My point is, you have a great (but still vulnerable) hand, and someone has to pass you to win. The best part is that they are going to try! Make them pay, and don't try to squeeze out an extra bet here and there at the risk of the entire pot.

And your posts don't make you sound like a jerk. But even if they did, does it really matter? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GuyOnTilt
11-25-2003, 04:19 PM
not so early as it gives better odds to their calls on the turn.

On a board like this, that should not be your concern. First off, at these limits, I doubt your opponents are thinking in terms of pot odds. But regardless, a flush draw or open-ended straight draw is going to be getting correct odds to call on the turn whether you raise the flop or raise the turn. In fact, if your plan was to raise the turn, you'd actually be giving them BETTER odds to call than if you had raised the flop. Example:

There are 9 BB's in the pot PF. If you raise the flop, that's another 3 BB's, making 12. So after you bet the turn, the SB would be getting 13:1 on his call, and the UG player, 14:1 if the SB calls. If you wait for the turn, there's 10.5 BB's in the pot going into the turn. SB bets, UTG calls, you raise. That's 4 BB's on the turn, giving the SB 14.5:1 on his call, and the UTG player 15.5:1 on his if the SB calls.

Not that that really matters that much 'cause, as I said, they'd be getting correct odds to call with any legitimate draw anyways. Even a gutshot draw could correctly call on the turn either way, so I think your argument of pot manipulation isn't applicable to this hand.

GoT

gcue
11-25-2003, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And if they're on draws, what makes you think they'll bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the UTG was possibly on a draw

Rasoning:
The SB 3bet the preflop making me think AA-TT AKs/o,AQs or something of that nature, of those hands I can only see JJ and TT backing off after that flop so I think its acceptable to count on the SB to bet out on the turn unless a really scary card hits
Also he bet out after a preflop cap indicating either he hit the flop or had aces (AK,AQ,KQ,AA,QQ The reason I include QQ is that by betting out here if I have AA I'm going to raise him and he can 3bet me also maybe getting rid of the UTG, kind of a double deception and definitely how I'd play QQ from his position)

as for this particular time, I definitely got more bets the way I played it, I was able to raise the turn and the river and get both players to call the whole way. (also note the Q2's smooth call on the flop, he was obviously passive but just didnt want the river to check around) BUT that doesn't mean it was correct like Tilt said.

I wonder what a simulator could tell us?

can anyone
-set up the SB with any viable 3bet preflop hand
set the UTG with ANY 2 cards
set up the button(me) with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif
Stack the flop to be Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
and run it like 100,000 times

lil'
11-25-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm with Guy on this one. I would raise the flop. I understand the reasoning behing waiting to raise, but it's riskier.

1) SB may not bet out again, and you will have nobody to raise
2) As Guy has said numerous times, there could be a lot of draws out there that need to be charged. There are cards that may come on the turn that will make you squirm, although you would probably still raise it anyway.
3) SB (or anyone else on a big draw) may 3 bet, allowing you to get even more money in on the flop.

So you may have made more money this way, but it's a riskier play.

colgin
11-25-2003, 07:01 PM
I agree with Guy here. He made his points so well that I don't want to just reiterate them However, I thought I would just point out the following passages from Theory of Poker on Slowplaying (I am sure that if I am taking this out of context then someone will correct me).

"You shouldn't slowplay when your strength is obvious or the pot is large. Nor should you slowplay when a cheap or free card has a fair chance of giving an opponent a better hand than yours or a justifiable draw." (p. 146) He adds that in hold 'em you must be especially careful of flush and straight draws unless you can already beat them.

In this situation you capped the flop, so your hand is not that well-disguised. The pot is already large (see prior sentence). You are at risk of both a straight and a flush draw.

Yes, if you raise here the others will have the correct odds to call. But as Sklansky also says about raising when you have the best hand but others may nonetheless be making correct call: "[Y]ou're at least getting more money in a pot you expect to win most of the time."

Even though nobody is getting a free card on the turn, that card is cheaper than if you had raised. Plus, the SB may re-raise, then making it possible that UTG will make an incorrect call (as well as giving you the opportunity to cap it).

Nottom
11-25-2003, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Guy here. He made his points so well that I don't want to just reiterate them However, I thought I would just point out the following passages from Theory of Poker on Slowplaying (I am sure that if I am taking this out of context then someone will correct me).

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I don't really consider this case a slowplay. When I originally posted, I did fail to consider that the SB had 3-bet preflop and thus likely has a hand he might 3-bet with so that might make the raise a better play.

I would not cap the flop for the same reasons I advocated smoothcalling the flop in my original arguement.

GuyOnTilt
11-25-2003, 08:45 PM
I would not cap the flop for the same reasons I advocated smoothcalling the flop in my original arguement.

Whether I cap the flop or not after the SB 3-bets depends on the UTG player. If he calls the 3-bet, I cap. If he folds, I wait for the turn.

GoT

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 09:52 AM
You played this hand terribly.

First, Raise preflop!!

Getting 3-bet on the flop on a paired board (even though it is a three) has to tell you something. You could be easily behind.

As for the way you played it: after capping the flop and the EP betting into you on the turn, even though you may have improved, I think you can go into call down mode.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

gcue
11-26-2003, 05:13 PM
I assume you mean the ATs Yeah, this post had nothing to do with how I played it.

It was a karma comes to bite the any2carder in the ass post

GuyOnTilt
11-26-2003, 05:51 PM
I assume you mean the ATs Yeah, this post had nothing to do with how I played it.

It was a karma comes to bite the any2carder in the ass post.

The purpose of your post doesn't change the fact that you misplayed your hand badly. Stop making excuses. This forum is meant to help everybody learn and improve. If you want to become better, leave your pride and excuses at the door.

GoT

gcue
11-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Tilt stop being a jackass, all i meant to do was put a smile on a few peoples face and amke them laugh that one of the jerks who plays things like J3 UTG caught but got burned - if you cant handle that then dont bother reading it.

And I didn't play it horribly, I made some mistakes.

It's not an automatic raise preflop every time, if it is you're playing like a robot and too predictable.

My flop cap wasn't all that bad even, and my turn raise was fairly bad but not awful when you consider at this limit people way overplay their hands and he could easily have held KT,QT,JJ,QQ,KK. (yes lots of these people limp on their JJ-AA).

soda
11-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Ok, I finally got around to reading this post and here are my thoughts.

General Thoughts For gcue and Other Noobs

Use this forum to post hands that you aren't sure if you played well or not. Trust me, you are making many mistakes at this stage. That's only natural. You've just started out, you have a lot to learn. Posting for fun and revenge is great, but improving your game to where you are making 4 big bets per table per hour is much better.

GoT has given you excellent advice. Re-read what he says, I can't think of anything that I disagree with in his posts and he is genuinely trying to tell you and explain to you the correct way to play the hand and why it's the correct way. Thanks GoT.

First Hand ATs

You played this hand terribly. Don't get upset about that. Learn from it. In this game, unfortunately, you cannot put people on hands based on their position. You can not do this in 1/2 and you certainly cannot do this in 10/20. Put me on a certain hand and fail to adjust and I will eat you alive.

Two days ago, I raised 65s UTG. It was capped back to me. The flop came 665. Lucky for me, both of my opponents failed to believe that I held a 6. I know one had AA and I think the other had KK. After repeated raises by me, they just kept raising as if I couldn't have a six. Did I get lucky here? Absolutely, but I got even luckier because these guys failed to adjust. They can tell everyone how they lost a $500 pot some jerk who raised a 65 UTG.

At each bet or raise by your opponents, you need to increase the strength of their possible hand holdings. And if an opponent caps a flop like this - you seriously need to shut down unless you are positive you hold the best hand.

Hand Number 2 - KK

Not as bad as the first hand, but a classic example of both weak tight thinking and weak tight play. You have a monster hand here. One nice thing about monster hands is that someone else can have a very strong hand and still be drawing dead to you. As was the case in this example. Also, someone may have a flush draw and may cap this flop for you. Ordinarily with 3 people, it would be fine to do this, even profitable if this player had a straight draw to go with it, but with your hand, a percentage of every bet on the flop here is coming directly to you and both of the other players will be losing money. The long exception being if someone had JTs and had 14 clean outs - they might be making extra money from the third guy by capping this flop. I'm not sure though. Your hand is very strong and might still be sucking enough money from this very strong draw to make it cost prohibitive for him to raise.

There are many reasons to raise this flop. You have the best hand. The hand can easily be beaten. Your opponents can easily have strong hands that will reraise your raise, giving you the opportunity to cap it here or wait until the turn and raise it again.

Your logic of waiting to see if a flush card comes off or a straight card is terrible. If one of these cards does come and someone continues to bet, you will have lost many bets by not raising. This is classic weak tight and you cannot afford to play this way, especially in a shorthanded game. It will take your opponents some time to realize you are on a set. if you play it straightforward and raise. They will be wondering, "does he have AA, AK, the nut flush draw?" Let them be the ones guessing. If the flop ends up capped, a heart hits and someone bets into you. Then you "know" you are up against a made hand. If you just smooth call. You've managed to keep the pot small and you learned absolutely nothing. Poker is all about knowledge and building huge pots when you have a huge hand. Become aggressive. Become overaggressive even, it's better than being timid.

Big Picture

When you post a hand, you will often get supporters who say you did the correct thing and people who say you played it incorrectly. Listen to the reasoning on both sides. Look at the way you played the hand as if it were seperate from actions that you actually made. Pretend someone else played the hand and objectively decide if you could have played it better, then go out there next time and play it better.

Next time you flop a scary top set with KK, you better be raising that flop and hoping it comes back capped. Then, when you lose to some jackoff who had a T9o and caught a J on a board of KQ4, you can say you lost a chitload of money and could have saved some by just calling, but you decided to play it correctly.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

soda

gcue
11-26-2003, 07:30 PM
It's not his points I disagree with it's his attitude - I admit that ATs wasn't played well but it had nothing to do with the post. It was a simple sometimes the luck swings the other way post.

I wasn't looking for anyone to say I played it wrong or right, I knew how I played it as soon as I got 3bet on the turn.

as for the KK, this one is situational. it depends on table texture, what cards I am putting my opponents on. how I think they will play those cards etc

The 2 guys I was playing would have almost certainly shut down to a raised flop unless they hit a draw

against different players who show agression or don't tend to shut down so easily I would have raised that flop without thinking twice

you're only seeing the cards, and the cards are only half the of story.

GuyOnTilt
11-26-2003, 08:04 PM
It's not his points I disagree with it's his attitude

The reason why I choose to be involved in the Micro forum isn't to make people feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'm here to give my opinion and advice. Making you feel good about a hand isn't a priority for me. I want to help people in this forum be better players. If that means that sometimes I have to be harsh and straight-forward, then so be it. Usually, I'm not, but when you make comments like, "I admit that ATs wasn't played well but it had nothing to do with the post. It was a simple sometimes the luck swings the other way post. I wasn't looking for anyone to say I played it wrong or right," it shows me that you aren't posting to improve; rather, you're posting out of ego. That merits a response from me to remind you and everybody else why the 2+2 forums are here: to better our games. If you don't want me to be involved in your threads anymore, let me know. If the majority of Micro players who post here feel the same way, then let me know. I'm only here because I thought I could be an asset to the forum, but if I'm not welcome because my advice may seem harsh at times, then that's alright with me I guess. I'll deal.

I wasn't looking for anyone to say I played it wrong or right, I knew how I played it as soon as I got 3bet on the turn.

Don't be results oriented. Whether you win or lose a hand has nothing to do with whether you played it correctly or not.

you're only seeing the cards, and the cards are only half the of story.

Soda is a very experienced player. He knows this far better than me or you. He also knows in what situations your statement applies best.

No hard feelings from me, btw. I have nothing personal against you. I just feel like the attitude you're portraying is very unteachable. And as anybody who's spent some time around these boards can tell you, that's not the way to maximize the wealth of knowledge here.

Keep playing, keep posting, stay humble,

GoT

GuyOnTilt
11-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Tilt stop being a jackass,

What about this statement...

The purpose of your post doesn't change the fact that you misplayed your hand badly. Stop making excuses. This forum is meant to help everybody learn and improve. If you want to become better, leave your pride and excuses at the door.

...makes me a jackass? I'm giving you good advice. Again, I ask you to leave your pride at the door. Just because your hand post wasn't meant for critisism doesn't mean it doesn't deserve it.

all i meant to do was put a smile on a few peoples face and amke them laugh that one of the jerks who plays things like J3 UTG caught but got burned - if you cant handle that then dont bother reading it.

Again, I and others are trying to help you because a better player. If our responses saying that you misplayed the hand offend you, then you need to leave your pride at the door.

And I didn't play it horribly, I made some mistakes. It's not an automatic raise preflop every time, if it is you're playing like a robot and too predictable.

ATs after a weak limper playing 6-max IS an automatic raise! I'm sorry, but at the 1/2, playing like "a robot and too predictable" will be what makes you the most money. Don't get tricky play syndrome. ABC is what brings it in at this level.

Again, leave your pride at the door when posting. I'll try to do the same.

GoT

Guido
11-26-2003, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the majority of Micro players who post here feel the same way, then let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like your opinion/advice anytime GuyOnTilt! I hope you will respond to my first Party post in this forum. I moved away from Stars and trying to adjust to the game there. Thanks!

gcue
11-26-2003, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again, leave your pride at the door when posting. I'll try to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it gets me in trouble alot and blurs my vision, and don't think I dont appreciate your posts, it was the injured pride thing.