PDA

View Full Version : The orbit from hell - HAND #1

Gomez22
11-24-2003, 09:05 PM
These 3 hands played out in the same orbit..... I'm posting each hand individually for criticism.

All were Stars .50/1.00 table, and part of My Own OIC.....
And I can honestly say this is by far the WEIRDEST table I have ever played..... 9 limpers one hand, 2 PF cappers the next, 5 limpers, calling 3 cold the next, I have NO reads here.... maybe they were ALL maniacs......

HAND #1

I'm in BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises, CO folds, button calls, SB folds, I re-raise, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, button calls.

FLOP(12 SB): K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises, button calls, I 3-bet, UTG+1 calls, MP1 caps(all-in), button calls, I call, UTG+! calls.

TURN(14 BB): K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (maybe not the WORST card, but close)

Checked through

RIVER(14 BB): 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, UTG+1 bets, button folds, I fold.....

Comments?

Results later.....

I check, UTG+1 bets,

BaronVonCP
11-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Um, how can you fold this for one bet on the river at a table that you describe as "WEIRDEST table I have ever played"?

bisonbison
11-24-2003, 09:17 PM
No, trust your first instinct. K /images/graemlins/heart.gif is the worst card in the deck for you here. It completes the flop flush, it gives any K three of a kind, it potentially puts you behind in two very special ways.

Nonetheless, I think you've got to call the river bet, after the turn gets checked through. UTG+1 might have been planning on the check-raise with AK, but if 1 time in 15, he's pounding away with QQ or JJ, you're making a profitable river play.

Gomez22
11-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Because MP1 capped the flop, I had 2 other callers, and the turn gave a flush draw their hand, plus, a set to any king out there..... I'm behind to ANY 2 hearts, and any king out there... with 3 other callers, you tell me how secure you would feel? Especially with a guy capping against me when I showed aggession PF, and the turn pairing TP on the board.....

Gomez22
11-24-2003, 09:21 PM
You forgot about MP1 who capped the flop, going all-in.... he was the main concern, here

Alobar
11-24-2003, 09:28 PM
I would have called getting 15:1 after the turn was checked through. The all in guy makes it hard for UTG+1 to be bluffing, but if its a table full of wierdos like you said, who knows. UTG+1 could have QQ or JJ or something, and all in could just have an 8 and was praying with the last of his chips. I figure UTG+1 has a king and all in prolly had the flush. But at 15:1 I might have paid to find out.

Gomez22
11-24-2003, 09:31 PM
I wasn't going to pay to see it, I was already guaranteed that since MP1 was all-in...... Stars shows all all-in hands.....

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gomez22
11-25-2003, 12:36 AM
MP1 had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG+1 had K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Unbelievable.....