PDA

View Full Version : Value Bet the River?

tj00
11-24-2003, 06:32 PM
Party 2/4

In MP1 with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

2 Limpers, I Raise, 1 Cold Caller, Blinds Call, Limpers Call

Flop 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB Bets, 2 Calls, I Raise, Folded to SB, SB 3 Bets, 1 fold, 1 Call, I Call

Turn T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB Bets, EP Calls, I Call

River 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me.

Comments Appreciated.

Lost Wages
11-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Looks to me like you can bet here. SB probably had a piece of the flop and put you on overcards. After you called the turn he figured you would only call the river with a hand that beats him. I don't think he would check the river with better than one pair.

Lost Wages

rkiray
11-24-2003, 06:58 PM
It would be nice to know something about the table and the sb. Against generic players I'd probably bet the river. I probably also would have raised the turn, unless sb is a rock

GuyOnTilt
11-24-2003, 07:11 PM
What's your read on the SB? And maybe more importantly, what's his read on you?

As the SB, if I knew I was playing against a tight-aggressive 2+2'er, I would know they had an overpair or flush overcard flush draw after they called the turn, I would check a set, a straight, or two-pair headsup. The presence of the EP player would make me want to value bet more, but I still might try for the check-raise vs. your overpair if I thought you'd call it. If you had made tough laydowns in the past, then I'd just bet out. All this is only applicable if they're a thinking player. If they're both typical, then bet the river for value.

So, I guess my answer is "it depends."

Yet another post that can't be answered without opponent-related info...*sigh*

GoT

astroglide
11-24-2003, 07:30 PM
i would bet

tj00
11-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Just sat down I had no reads. Usually add them to my post if I have any. I do have good idea of who the best players at 2/4 are though, pokertracker rules. He was not one of them.

I Bet, I have I bad habit of doing this when checked to with my overpairs /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

EP had 56 for 2 pair
SB had 99 for flopped top set

Oh well 3rd place is not so bad.

lil'
11-24-2003, 08:16 PM
I would generally bet, unless I suspected some backdoor shenanegans.

Rube
11-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Bet, a LOT of worse hands will call, and it is likely that you'll get called in two places and still have the best hand.