PDA

View Full Version : late-position blind with K3

WillMagic
11-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Party 2/4. Just sat down, and I'm taking the blind in the cut-off. There are two other posters, in UTG and UTG+1. 8 handed.

I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

UTG, UTG+1 check, UTG+2 limps, MP1 limps, I check, Button limps, SB completes, BB checks. All 8 see the flop.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB folds?, BB, UTG, UTG+1 check, UTG+2 bets, MP1 calls, I raise, folded around to UTG+2 who calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets????, I raise, UTG+2 folds, MP1 reraises, I fold.

Good laydown? Or weak-tight? That eight didn't seem like it helped him, and I just couldn't see my top pair bad kicker beating anything he would three-bet the turn with.

Will

WDC
11-24-2003, 06:36 PM
I think it was a good laydown. MP1 has at least two pair in my opinion. Maybe slowpalyed or turned set.

lil'
11-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Of course the laydown was good. I'm just thinking that you didn't need to raise the turn and lose 2BB to find out you were losing.

ThingDo
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
If you are going to raise the turn you have to fold to a 3-bet ... which you did. If he calls your raise on the turn then you should check behind on the river. All that being said... I would probably just call his bet on the turn and call his bet on the river unless you improve.

astroglide
11-24-2003, 07:24 PM
your hand isn't strong enough to checkraise out of position after a bet and a call. you must call a 3bet on the flop, as many draws will do this (a hand like qj or qt for example). i would bet the flop and call 1 back (fold for 2 back) and bet the turn regardless of whether or not i was raised on the flop.

you have a tenuous holding, but you can't give free cards.