PDA

View Full Version : AA -Tell me I made a mistake

WalleyeJason
11-24-2003, 01:24 PM
Ok last night I was in a Party NL$50 game. In the span of 10 minutes I had AA 3 times.

The first time it went to a showdown and I won a nice pot.

The 2nd time I had AA I was on the button. I made it 5x the BB to go and got 2 callers.

Flop was 8c 8d 9d

It was checked to me

My opponent was short stacked at $38 compared to my $216

I flopped 2 pair and bet 2x the pot*.

When he called I was concerned. At that time I thought he may have been on some kind of draw. Or he maybe even had A8 or something.

The turn was a Td making a flush and a straight possible. He checked, I checked.

River was a 3c

He went all in with is remaining $20 I decided there were just too many hands that could beat me and folded.

He showed his 67 for the straight.

4 hands later I get AA again.

This time, I was in MP, and there were 2 callers in front of me already I decided to make it 15 to go. (Was this too big)

A person to my left called. He said "15 eh?"

I got a monster flop

A A K

I checked

He bet $20

Since he only had 26.50 left I figured if i went all in now, he would call.

I bet 30 and He folded.

Should I have called, and checked again on the turn & River and try to get him to move it in?

I think that maybe I could have won some more money out of these hands. What do you think?

WJ

Edge34
11-24-2003, 01:36 PM
To me, the play all depends on the type of opponent I'm against. Against most of the Party NL cash game players I've gone against, I'd just call the flop, then call the turn too if he decides he wants some more. If he checks behind you on the turn and abandons a bluff, you can lead out on the river, and may even get some action depending on what he holds.

CoinLaundry-CptC0ckwell
11-24-2003, 05:50 PM
He bet $20 into you? I'd stall-call. Wait for it. Let it check through on the turn and pray he bets again or will call a bet on the river. There's no way on earth he's outdrawing AAAAK (well, there is, but it's so improbable that it's not worth going into), and anything that hits the table becomes yours. Graciously accept what he will give you, but try your hardest not to be the aggressor. Sell it. Check it through on the turn and bet like $10-15 at a huge pot on the river. Make bets that ask him to raise all-in. Just don't raise the guy.

Guy McSucker
11-24-2003, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The 2nd time I had AA I was on the button. I made it 5x the BB to go and got 2 callers.

Flop was 8c 8d 9d

It was checked to me

My opponent was short stacked at $38 compared to my $216

I flopped 2 pair and bet 2x the pot*.

When he called I was concerned. At that time I thought he may have been on some kind of draw. Or he maybe even had A8 or something.

The turn was a Td making a flush and a straight possible. He checked, I checked.

River was a 3c

He went all in with is remaining $20 I decided there were just too many hands that could beat me and folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know whether your river fold is good because I can't work out how the betting went.

BB is $1. You make it $5 preflop and get two callers. Pot is somewhere over $15. Then on the flop you bet twice the pot, i.e. over $30, with an opponent whose stack is $38. All good so far.

And then he bets $20 at you?

Anyway, if the pot is over $75 when he bets $20, you probably need to call despite the threatening appearance. You will win this pot more than one time in four I think.

What did the * mean in your post?

Guy.

WalleyeJason
11-25-2003, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What did the * mean in your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ment to ask if a 2x pot bet was a proper bet. and if your were my opponent, what does that bet mean to you?

WJ