PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this?

Shargaas
11-24-2003, 12:04 PM
This is another hand from last night. The table is pretty loose passive and my 2 opponents liked to call a lot pre-flop and on the flop but would sometimes give up on the turn.

I get A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP. It's folded to me, and I raise, the one loose passive calls 2 cold right after me, and then it's folded to the BB (my 2nd opponent) who will call any raise from the BB regardless of his/her cards. 3 of us see the flop.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet, both call.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I bet, both call again.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I check, my other opponent bets out, BB folds and so do I.

I don't think my opponent would bet a hand I could beat hence my fold but was that the wrong move. The pot was fairly large...perhaps I should have bet out on the river knowing it's likely there wouldn't be a raise? Comments and criticisms are appreciated.

CrackerZack
11-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Not bad. I usually check this turn under the theory, check with outs, bet with none. If you didn't pick up the diamond draw I would bet. On the river I agree, you can't win.

Shargaas
11-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Yes I had forgotten that advice, check with outs, bet with no out if behind. My reasoning for betting was that these players had given up on the turn a few times, and a semi-bluff bet, while almost always wrong at the micro-limits, may just have worked here. And even with calls, I have a lot of outs. Is my reasoning a bit flawed here, or logical based on my read of my opponents play?

CrackerZack
11-24-2003, 02:08 PM
logical. against opponents who call on the flop with anything but give up on the turn the bet is mandatory as you have your ton of outs, but have a good shot at winning without seeing the river which would be ideal.