PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Flop Match Up's/CardPlayer's Calculator

dsm
11-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Hi,

I was checking out CardPlayer Magazine's Odds Calculator for Hold'em and I came across some things concerning pre-flop/heads-up matches I don't understand.

1.) When I match Ad-As vs. Ah-Kh, it says Ah-Kh will win 12.0% of the time. If I calculate the same match-up with different suits (Ad-Ah vs. Ac-Kc) it gives me slightly different results (it says the A-K of clubs wins 12.3%).

2.) Also, when matching up:

A-A vs. A-Ks
A-A vs. A-Qs
A-A vs. A-Js
A-A vs. A-Ts

..it shows that as the suited kicker with the ace gets smaller (King thru ten only), you have a better chance of winning. So supposedly A-10s does slightly better than A-Js against A-A, but even better than A-Ks does against A-A.

Here were the results:

Ad-As vs. Ah-Kh (AKs wins 12%)
Ad-As vs. Ah-Qh (AQs wins 12.5%)
Ad-As vs. Ah-Jh (AJs wins 12.9%)
Ad-As vs. Ah-Th (ATs wins 13.2%)

I was hoping you math guys could explain why. Thanks

dsm
11-24-2003, 10:14 AM
It just occurred to me that for question no#2, A-10s probably does better than Aks against A-A because you can make 6 straights with A-10 but only 3 with A-K. If this is the answer, sorry to bother you.

-dsm

thylacine
11-24-2003, 12:00 PM
2) more straights

1) random error. They must be generating a bunch of random hands and counting the results. So you could get different results even for an identical pair of hands. (Actually that's pretty crappy.)

(I'm guessing)

Bozeman
11-24-2003, 12:49 PM
There are bugs in their calculator. In General THE forum, someone posted a matchup where someone with set outs was given 0%. Use a better program.

Craig

ZeeJustin
11-24-2003, 01:07 PM
http://www.twodimes.net/poker/
This seems flawless to me. Let me know if you guys see any bugs w/ it.