PDA

View Full Version : q10s in the big blind

bicyclekick
11-24-2003, 02:45 AM
Shorthanded (5 player) 1-2 at the gaming club. Maybe the 5th hand I've seen, so i dont have a real good feel for the table.

I have q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Utg open raised to 2, 2 cold calls, sb folds i call.

flop is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, utg bets, utg+1 calls, utg+2 raises, i 3 bet, utg folds, utg+1 and 2 call.

turn is a k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, call, call.

river is an A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, utg+1 bets, utg2 and I call.

How did I play this hand and what do you think the results are?

Brian
11-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Hi Bicyclekick,

I think you played the hand fine, and I think you may have lost to a higher two pair. I can't blame you at all for checking this River.

-Brian

bicyclekick
11-24-2003, 04:20 AM
nah, i lost to a j/4 os straight.

I was playing great and hands were holding up...now I'm on a 6 hands in a row streak that I've had 2 pair cracked by a straight. Never had a streak like this before in my life. Every one but one of them was a gutshot, too.

argh.

Jezebel
11-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Hey bike,

With the flop containing a flush and straight draw, I think I would have bet out on the flop, hoping for the preflop raiser to go ahead and raise. Your 2 pair is a vulnerable holding and not worthy of a slowplay in my opinion. A checkraise would have been a good play if you expected an opening bet from LP, but since the player to your left was the preflop raiser, I would expect the bet to come from him. Bet out and hopefully the rest of the field will be facing 2 bets cold.

Mike28a
11-24-2003, 12:19 PM
UTG+2 called 2 cold, raised on the flop, then called after the river bet. I can't imagine that he didn't have you beaten also. The river call was definitely crying loudly.

HajiShirazu
11-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Wow. I would definately make sure to mark down the guy with the J4 as "total moron" and play in any game that he was sitting in. Good work with the game selection there. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I mean, what was he hoping for on the flop, that one of you was bluffing with nine high and the other with only eight high?

bicyclekick
11-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Point noted. I probably should have mucked it. It was only one more big bet though...pot was decently sized...meh.