PDA

View Full Version : KJo

BottlesOf
11-24-2003, 02:35 AM
You get KJo in the CO. One EP limper, two MP limpers. Do you fold call or raise?

GuyOnTilt
11-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Once again, I urge posters in this forum to give more information with their hand posts. This question is completely impossible to give a good answer to without knowledge of the limpers, Button, and blinds.

GoT

Clarkmeister
11-24-2003, 02:41 AM
If the EP limper is a known tighty, I fold. If all 3 opponets are megafish playing any two cards (rare, but it happens) then I raise. But the vast majority of the time I just call.

Vehn
11-24-2003, 02:43 AM
Most people here aren't paying enough attention to their opponents to give you anymore information anyways.

BottlesOf
11-24-2003, 02:51 AM
This post was deliberately vague, I wanted to hear how people would reason it out given limited information. I wanted to know what criteria were considered for various options and why.

However, I did mean to write that it was a typical Party 2/4 game. Sorry.

Brian
11-24-2003, 03:38 AM
Hi Bottles,

It is between limping and raising for me. KJo has taken some rough beats on the forum recently, but it is a perfectly playable hand in an unraised pot in late position. I would raise to get the Button and Blinds out, because I don't want them to have a free (or cheap) ride, and I love being last to act. Also, you probably have the best hand, so the raise is for value as well.

-Brian

Jezebel
11-24-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm more inclined to limp with big offsuit cards at a loose table and raise with them at a tight table. When you raise big offsuit cards you are really wanting people to fold behind you, including the blinds. If the chances are slim that you are going to get them to fold, limping is a better play IMO. With suited big cards, I'll almost always raise behind limpers if in MP or later, regardless of table texture. If in EP with big suited I will probably limp behind a limper, since the likelyhood of getting multiway action is pretty high.

Homer
11-24-2003, 11:02 AM
In a typical 2/4 Party game, I'd limp. I'd fold once in a while if the EP limper was extremely tight, and I'd raise once in a while if my opponents were loose-passive (in other words, they would routinely check to me on the flop).

-- Homer