PDA

View Full Version : Call down? Party 10/20 3-handed

Schneids
11-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Game has started to fizzle, but I stick around since I'm comfortable playing against my two generally overaggressive opponents.

I have K8c on the button and raise. SB folds and BB calls.

Flop of [88T] I bet and get called. Turn another ten, and he checks, I bet, he raises me. Now, I'm about 75% sure he'd have raised me on the flop if he held a ten. So, is my play here to call, then let him follow through with his likely bluff on the river? Is there any reason for me to three-bet on the turn? Or to call and raise on the river to his likely bet (would he call my raise if he held an ace?)? I called down, would you play this any differently?

vkotlyar
11-23-2003, 05:19 PM
i would raise the turn. There is no reason for him to bet the river. What hand is he trying to get you to lay down that you can call a raise on the turn with? Surely, you would still call with a lone ace.
vitaly

Diplomat
11-23-2003, 05:20 PM
I think re-raising the turn would be a big mistake. If he would bet/raise the flop with a ten, and you are pretty sure of that, then I think you must call (unless he would go to war with ace-high. Then I might raise the turn...but even then, maybe not.) I would then either call or raise the river, depending how often he would call with a hand such as ace high.

-Diplomat

nykenny
11-24-2003, 02:49 AM
i would just call and call. i believe usually that's the most $ u can make in this situation. not to sound like a little bitch tho...