PDA

View Full Version : KQo Need Some Help Guys

Sven
11-23-2003, 11:28 AM
After reading SacraVia's post about KQ I went into pokertracker and found this hand.

I'm Dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 Handed Game No Reads I'm MP1

I Call, MP2 Raises, CO ReRaises, SB&BB Call, I Call, MP2 Calls.

Ok Should I have raised being the first one in and is it ok to call these raises in my position?
8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked around MP2 Bets, CO Calls, Should have I folded, Checked, or Bet? I checked not sure if that was right would like a little advice on these kinda situations /images/graemlins/confused.gif The rest of the hand will come later thanks Mike

Saborion
11-23-2003, 01:14 PM
If it`s folded to you in MP1 I`d say raise. If there`s a re-raise behind you, call and see what the flop brings. A flop like that, it`s a check-fold imo.

chesspain
11-23-2003, 02:53 PM
In EP, KQo is a raise or fold hand for me--predominantly fold. When you openlimped and it got raised and reraised, I would have folded it when it came back to you. Odds are that you are already up against at least one hand which will dominate you. KQo does not play well in a multiway pot--especially pots in which multiple people are telling you that they like their hands!

Qui-Gon
11-24-2003, 06:15 AM
Normally I just call pre-flop as you did, that may very well be a leak for me as well though.

I would have folded pre-flop when it came back to me re-raised.

Joe Tall
11-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Open-limping in MP w/KQo is nood good, this is an easy raise.

Peace,
JT

Qui-Gon
11-24-2003, 09:32 AM
OK, I will raise pre-flop from now on.

But what if you raise with KQo and it comes back to you capped? Is it always good/bad to call or is it very dependant upon the pot-odds and what kind of players that put in the raises?

Kevin J
11-24-2003, 09:42 AM
There's nothing wrong with open raising KQo, provided you have some chance to pick up the blinds or getting called by a worse hand. This will more likely be the case when you open raise from later position. But when it's not, there's nothing wrong with open limping either.

After limping you should probably fold when it comes back to you at 3 bets. Your hand is likely in a world of trouble against one (or both) of the raisers. If many players are in, you can probably see the flop and hope to flop a big draw. But against two raisers and two blinds with the chance of it getting raised yet again, I think you should fold.

After the flop you should fold, since you will often be in 2nd place even after making a pair.

Joe Tall
11-24-2003, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it always good/bad to call or is it very dependant upon the pot-odds and what kind of players that put in the raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you are thinking! It's highly dependant on who re-raises/caps behind you. If you have a monster-family pot it may not be that bad to call-cold and see the flop. If you hit hard your implied odds are huge to get big action.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Kevin J
11-24-2003, 09:58 AM
In EP, KQo is a raise or fold hand... --predominantly fold.

This isn't true. You are passing up too much profit if you are routinely folding KQo in unraised pots from any position.

KQo does not play well in a multiway pot...

This also is not true. KQo can flop big draws. Also, in unraised multi-way pots you should like making a pair of kings or queens even better than making a pair of aces.

especially pots in which multiple people are telling you that they like their hands!

I agree with this, but only because you don't want to pay multiple BETS to try and flop a draw, which now will usually be your best chance given the pre-flop action.

Sven
11-24-2003, 06:59 PM
As for the flop I checked /images/graemlins/frown.gif MP2 Bets, CO Calls, SB&BB Fold, I Fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif

K /images/graemlins/club.gif [8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
MP2 Bets, CO Raises, MP2 Calls

2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
MP2 Checks, CO Bets, MP2 Calls and takes it down /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I Had K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP2 Had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
CO Had A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Had I stayed in I would have taken this pot. My question is how long do you chase these kinda situations before making something out of this? I hate bluffing at Micro Tables most often they call you down know matter what! Comments Welcome

chesspain
11-24-2003, 07:26 PM
I'ld be very careful about going to the flop in a capped, multiway, family pot. The most common hands with which rational players will cap include AA, KK, AK, QQ, JJ (and maybe AQ & TT). KQ will be the seriously expensive second best hand to most of these holdings.