PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Angel Fish

Barry
11-23-2003, 03:31 AM
Angel Fish and I are ½ way through our Foxwoods weekend. We played until 3AM Friday (actually Sat AM) and AF won $200 at the 4/8 tables and my running bad continued as I was down $400 at the 10/20 game. While playing I got to talking another decent player at the table and it turned out to be the Zoo’s favorite villain eugeneel. He is actually a pretty decent guy.

I slept in and AF got up early to play in the tournament. I got up at noon and called AF and found out she was still in the tournament with about 50 left in. When I got there she still had a decent stack and there were less than 30 left. She was playing well and getting some hands. She finally made the final table and they played it the middle table in the keyhole section and I wasn’t able to really watch anymore. I also got called for my 10/20 table. AF called me a little later to tell me that with her 3rd in chips everybody agreed to a equal 4 way spit. Her payoff was $1,600. Well done darling.

She went back to our room and took a nap and I continued to play. A little while later JTG51 arrived and we played at the same table for a while. I was down another $400, as 1 weak playing lady put about 5 beats in a row on me. The table was pretty bad and JTG51 moved to another table. I checked in with him and he told me that the game was pretty good, so I put in for a table change. I would up in the best seat at the table, immediately to the left of the table maniac who (was straddling every orbit and blind raising preflop) and just to the left of JTG51 and a few other tight players. I was able to isolate him several times, plus I finally started catching some cards. I had KK 4 times and flopped sets 3 times. I would up taking nearly $1,000 off that table, finally breaking my losing streak. JTG51 never got much going so he left and I continued on for a while.

AF came back to the poker room and decided to try her luck at the 5/10 w/ kill game. It was an expensive lesson. Besides being somewhat intimidated by the limit, especially when the pot was killed, her Q’s ran into K’s and she was exposed to turn semi-bluff raises for the 1st time. She dropped $600 in the couple of hours she was there. Well all of us have been there at 1 time or another.

We’ll play again tomorrow, I hope that I can get up early to make the NL tournament. If anybody is around come say hi.

Joe Tall
11-24-2003, 02:50 PM
Nice report Barry!

Sorry I didn't make it down. Next time for sure.

And congrats to AngelFish!! Have you ever considered that she is a better tournament player than ring-game? She seems to have great results?

Peace,
JT

MaxPower
11-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Congrats to AngelFish. That's great news. If she places in the money one more time, I promise never again to bring up the fact that she open-limped in the CO with T3s /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barry
11-24-2003, 11:10 PM
You're right about that!

I think that she plays less scared, when its "just chips"

For what its worth, I had another good day on Sunday, making $700, plus I had a good night online tonight, so perhaps the bad streak is over.