PDA

View Full Version : NFL Plays

Wildbill
11-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Totals
Jags-Jets over 42.5
Weather looks favorable and I still think both of these teams are going to move the ball a lot. Jets are reborn with Pennington at the helm and Leftwich is getting better every week. I am a little concerned because I expected the posted number to be a little lower, but oh well gotta pay for quality /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steelers-Browns Under 40.5
Interesting line. Windy day in Cleveland possible as well, should really put this one in good spot if it is. Neither team figures to score much, especially the Browns who seem to run in neutral and have to deal with one less receiver since Johnson is gone and one less RB since we all know about the stabbing this week. Only thing Cleveland does well is stop the pass and that matches up perfectly with the only thing the Steelers can do well. I expect about 30 points here.

Bears-Broncos under 40
Bitterly cold day expected in Denver and that should benefit this play as well. Both teams figured to run the ball a bit, but I think the cold weather will limit some of the big runs that the Broncos have been getting. If the weather lives up to expectations I think that there will be few passes thrown and a lot of bad footing leading to a boring game. If it weren't for the weather I would take a look at Denver laying the points, but in less than ideal conditions I think it is better to pass on the side.

Patriots -5.5
The game feels fishy to me, but I just can't resist. The Texans can't effectively run the ball but have been getting it done in the air. Now they face a team that can put a stop that. I usually don't lay over a FG on the road but I think the stars are lined up for this one. The Pats have done great on the road this year winning a bunch of tough games. Texans have played to expectation, beating weaker teams and not being too competitive with the good ones. I expect more of the same, this one should be an easy Pats win.

TAFKAn
11-23-2003, 12:40 AM
I'm really starting to like the Steelers Browns under and now that you've weighed in with it I'm going to take it. Good luck this week WB.