PDA

View Full Version : Top pair on a turned Flush board?

SacraVia
11-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP2
Passive Table - Me and another 2+2er are the only one raising. Beyond that - standard.

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Flop(14 SB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, EP1 bets, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero raises, CO calls, BB calls, UTG folds, EP1 calls, MP1 calls

Turn(20 BB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB calls, EP1 calls, MP1 calls

River(24 BB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, BB calls, EP1 calls, MP1 folds

The flush/straight draw scared me, rightfully, but I bet with the intention of folding to a re-raise. Of course, no re-raise came, and my figuring was that as long as no diamond came I had a good shot at the pot. With those pot odds, I almost had to call.

Results Later

Thanks!

SacraVia
11-22-2003, 11:14 PM
BB shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the turned 2 pair and win.

TazQ
11-22-2003, 11:49 PM
I don't usually raise AJo after 4 limpers.

Other than that I think you played it fine.

Sarge85
11-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Looks fairly routine.

I see more and more people saying not to raise AJo, but I'm still generally raise.

bisonbison
11-23-2003, 02:34 PM
with the villain on the BB, raise or not, you're unlikely to get him out of the pot. And with high pair and a kicker relevant to the board, he's not going anywhere.