PDA

View Full Version : count the mistakes

01-07-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm ripping off a post from the small stakes section here. Subject there is $5-$10 hand at the Taj. Forgive me if this isn't exactly as written there.

The hero is seated in the cutoff with Q-10s, two limp to him and he raises, button calls, SB folds, BB calls, both limpers call. 5 players, 10.5 small bets in pot (5 players in for 2 bets each plus the SB's half a bet). Flop comes:

8s 9c 10c

Checked to hero, hero bets, button raises, BB folds, mid position limper check-raises, other mid position limper calls three cold, hero calls two more, button calls 1 more. 4 players in for 3 bets each, 22.5 small bets equals approximately 11 big bets in pot. Turn card is:

Qc[8s 9c 10c]

UTG bets, next player raises, hero to act next. What should he do? What should he have done on the earlier streets? Some intelligent and more experienced players than me suggested that the odds offered up by the pot were reason enough to call on the flop. I disagree. I also don't agree with raising pre-flop after two mid position players have limped in before him. What do you guys think?

01-07-2002, 08:43 PM
If people are interested in commenting, I suggest they go directly to the original Small Stakes post where they can read the original post and all the discussion that followed.

Why are you and Larry "Sitting Bull" posting identical hands/questions in multiple forums. It justs pushes down other topics.

01-07-2002, 09:45 PM
This is the first time I've done so. I did it because I wanted to see some responses from posters who might not visit the small stakes forum. That post is fairly well buried there. What do you suggest I do if I'd like more feedback on it? Is the practice really that annoying? At least I'm not wasting space with fairytales about serving up bad beats to Brier and Malmuth. I don't see it as a waste of space.