PDA

View Full Version : AA in the CO

cold_cash
11-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
cold_cash has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is CO

UTG limps, EP1(poster) checks, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, cold_cash raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1(poster) calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Flop(14 SB): Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, EP1 raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, cold_cash 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Turn(22 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, EP1 bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, cold_cash raises, UTG calls, EP1 calls, MP2 calls

River(30 BB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG checks, EP1 checks, MP2 checks, cold_cash bets, UTG folds, EP1 calls, MP2 folds

I don't know why, but I seriously considered laying this hand down on the flop. I was concerned EP1 had flopped a straight for some reason. As it turns out, I was ahead the whole time -- he had TT. I was concerned that he kept betting into me after I'd but in a couple raises. Should I have slowed down (like I thought, incorrectly, that I should have), or should I have kept my foot on the gas?

bisonbison
11-22-2003, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure I agree with 3-betting the flop. With a coordinated, high flop like this, I'd be more inclined to call it down.

On the other hand, once you've got trips on the river, I think you're safe to jam the pot. Anyone who could beat you would have had you beaten on the flop, and you'd think they might have capped it there or on the turn.

Joe Tall
11-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Once EP bets into you again on the turn after you raised-preflop and 3-bet the flop, I'd call turn bet.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall