PDA

View Full Version : What to do on this river?

chesspain
11-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Party 1/2 Rather tight-passive table

I'm on the button, and am dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG openlimps, folded to EMP who calls, MP calls, folded to me and I call, SB completes, BB checks...six see the flop

6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

It's checked all the way around

[6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, folded to EMP who calls, folded to me and I call

[6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] K /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, EMP folds...If you are in my chair, do you fold, call, or raise?

I raised...results below
SB called my raise, and took the pot with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

cold_cash
11-22-2003, 02:01 PM
I think I would have probably just called here, then found another table.

Joe Tall
11-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Limping on the Button w/Kxs without many limpers is not a great idea.

However, I would have played it the same way.

Peace,
JT

tpir90036
11-22-2003, 06:25 PM
even knowing the results, he played it like a weak ace or possibly a flush draw that didn't get there....raising just opens yourself up to a 3-bet. you are getting 6:1 on the call and have a little something to showdown...i would just call.

Saborion
11-22-2003, 07:08 PM
The SB could have a 6 or an A. With an with a weak kicker, or even a decent kicker if the player is weak, he is likely to check the flop to see what happens. If he has a 6, many players like to wait to the turn to bet, hoping that someone would bet so that they can raise it on the flop/turn. I`m not even sure I would call that river bet, but I`m a bit too tight post-flop. I certainly would not raise though.