PDA

View Full Version : QQ gets limp-raised...watch the fireworks

bdk3clash
11-22-2003, 10:24 AM
The notes and PokerTracker information I have for this hand indicate MP1 is incredibly loose (seeing 70% of all flops), though not particularly aggressive pre-flop. I don't have any information on EP2.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

EP2 raises, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, bdk3clash 3-bets, UTG folds, EP2 calls, MP1 caps, MP3 folds, bdk3clash calls, EP2 calls

Flop(15 SB): 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bdk3clash bets, EP2 calls, MP1 raises, bdk3clash 3-bets, EP2 calls, MP1 caps, bdk3clash calls, EP2 calls

Turn(13 1/2 BB): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bdk3clash bets, EP2 raises, MP1 calls, bdk3clash folds

River(18 1/2 BB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP2 bets, MP1 calls

I'm sure I screwed this one up--but how badly? I think my turn laydown was almost automatic, given the possibility of AA or KK from MP1 (who limp-capped PF and capped the flop) and and EP1's apparent made flush.

I think this is more about my aggression--when should I have slowed down? Does any here recommend not 3-betting on the flop? Should I have even bothered to bet out the turn, or just check-folded? Is anyone considering sticking around on the turn?

Results below.

EP2 had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the flush on the turn. Hand history revealed MP1 to have K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Nottom
11-22-2003, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure why you bet the turn.

One thing to remember about the limp-cap (although he didn't really limp he cold-called) is that this is often a move from an action player with something like JTs, especially if te pot is multi-way, at least as often as it is a big pair. This can be very player dependant so notes an be important.

bdk3clash
11-22-2003, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why you bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

rkiray
11-22-2003, 12:37 PM
I like the preflop play and the bet on the flop. I think I would slow down when raised on the flop unless he was a maniac (and your data indicates overwise). No way I bet the turn after being capped twice.