PDA

View Full Version : Boy, I really screwed this up.........

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Gomez22 has T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP3

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP2 limps, Gomez22 limps, Button limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(8 SB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, EP1 raises, EP2 folds, MP2 folds, Gomez22 3-bets, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, EP1 caps, Gomez22 calls, Button calls, BB calls

Turn(12 BB): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, EP1 bets, Gomez22 raises, Button calls, BB folds, EP1 3-bets, Gomez22 calls, Button calls

River(21 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP1 bets, Gomez22 calls, Button calls

Yes, I was thinking about the monster...... please don't berate me for being a little girly-man here, just answer me this: Is there anypoint where anyone slows down in a hand like this, where you have the nut flush, and the only hand(s) to beat you would be the straight flush?

CrackerZack
11-22-2003, 01:00 AM
I was loving your play until i read "Gomez22 calls" good god man!!! cap every street. If you lose to 4h5h, so be it, but go down in flames. 99% of the time you'll be good so get the money in there.

TheRake
11-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Gomez,
I never slow down on this..You have played enough Micro limit HE to know how some people play. My take is that if EP1 actually has the SF he would not raise the flop this way. He doesn't want to be raising people off thier hands. Fish love to slow play. Ram and Jam and if he does have SF tell him NH and move to the next.

TheRake

Gomez22
11-22-2003, 01:21 AM
God, I was such a pussy, here....... I wanna cry over this one....... See my signature line..... That's me in this instance......

ThrillFactor
11-22-2003, 01:22 AM
In limit HE with a four-bet cap, I slow down when thay don't let me bet anymore. Now if I get 5-bet... ??? ...

chesspain
11-22-2003, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anypoint where anyone slows down in a hand like this, where you have the nut flush, and the only hand(s) to beat you would be the straight flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

...only when my wife pries the mouse out of my dead, cold hand /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

HajiShirazu
11-22-2003, 09:03 PM
The only time I wouldn't cap with the nut flush is if there was 4 to a straight flush on board (or of course, if the board was paired, and there was heavy action on previous streets). Even if there was 4 to a straight flush, I would usually 3-bet if raised, especially if it was something like 45 78x. But with 3 to a straight flush...I'd have to cap it up, especially in party poker 1/2. Heck, the guy could have had 45 with no hearts. I've seen it.
One thing I will say is that most players are extremely likely to chase gutshot/oe straight flush draws, in my experience. Even if you showed them KTs, I bet some players with the 4h would call you down all the way. It is pretty cool to make one.