PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lay this down?

ramjam
11-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Online 1-2, generally loose, more than averagely aggressive.

UTG raises (I have only seen this player raise once in the 30 minutes he's been at the table and that was with AA).

UTG+1 and UTG+2 fold. I re-raise with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. It's folded all the way back round to UTG who caps. I call.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call.

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets, I call.

River 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets, I call.

ramjam
11-21-2003, 10:27 PM
He showed K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

crockpot
11-21-2003, 10:31 PM
i probably wouldn't lay it down, but if i was facing a guy who was raising so infrequently preflop, i wouldn't three-bet it preflop. also, i think you should call him down rather than raising, since he probably wouldn't four-bet it with AQ.

ramjam
11-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Having seen him play for half an hour, I could tell he was reasonably tight and definitely not a maniac. But the sample was far too small (25 hands) to determine he would only raise with AA and KK (the two most unlikely hands in the deck given my own holding). When I made the decision to 3-bet, he could easily have held AKo, AQs, AQo, AJs, QQ, JJ, TT. I think that makes three-betting right.

But after he capped pre-flop and then re-raised on the flop, I "felt" 95% certain I was looking at a set and most probably AAA or KKK. That leaves with a weighted-average of under two outs and I'm only getting under 9-1 on my turn call. And I was crying when I made the river call.

I think I'm concerned that I played it with maximum aggression while there was a reasonable chance I was the favourite/evens, bought some valuable information and then failed to act on it.

crockpot
11-21-2003, 11:25 PM
just to defend my case here, you are a slight dog to 18 hands (QQ-TT), a good-sized favorite over 15 hands (AQ, AJs), a very slight favorite over 6 hands (AKo), even with AKs, a good-sized dog to 3 KK, and a massive dog to 3 AA. so if reraising here is right, it isn't right by much.

CrackerZack
11-22-2003, 01:15 AM
Probably not, I'd raise the turn though.

If he has AA or KK, that sucks. 30 mins isn't so long

Sven
11-22-2003, 01:21 AM
I would also raise the turn and call the bet on the river

Gomez22
11-22-2003, 01:23 AM
After he 3-bets you, I'd probably slow down here and play it the same way you did.