PDA

View Full Version : Doing well until this?!?!?!?

morgant
11-21-2003, 10:10 PM
UB $50 multi table. 100 players, down to 60. i am in 4th with 2945 in chips. just got moved to a new table so i have no reads. i am in middle posistion with two jacks. blinds 30/60. EP raises min. to 120, this is his first hand since being moved he has 2365 in chips. i call wanting to see a flop before any commitment. folded around. flop comes 2 T 2. two hearts, i have a heart. he bets 300 into me. whats your play? how does it end up?

sam h
11-22-2003, 12:10 AM
i'm guessing it ended up poorly, because you're posting the hand and because your preflop flat call was a huge mistake.

this is move that gains you no information if up against a big pair, doesn't punish weaker holdings, let's other players come in behind you easily, and generally sets you up to either be bluffed off the best hand or put your whole stack in later when drawing to two outs. yuck. especially against an ep minimum raise that often will mean either a monster or trash. double yuck. and in a situation in which you can reraise and commit less than 1/6 of your chips. triple yuck

make it 350-400 to go and if he comes back over the top, just fold and move on. sometimes a small committment early in the hand will save you a lot of trouble later.

Mike Gallo
11-22-2003, 01:09 AM
Morgant,

Preflop reraise him. If he pops you back, you can most likely fold.

His small raise basically looks like a limp and could mean he has any two cards and wants to take a stab at the blinds.

morgant
11-24-2003, 01:22 PM
thnks for the info. i used this a lot more in my most recent tourn. and found myself in the final 15 of the biggest money tournament i have ever played in BY FAR!!!! I got so nervous at the end of this that i was folding very nice hands. I folded AKs in the BB after two all-ins, too tight? I also folded AQs to a bet that was more than half my stack. again too tight?, As per this other JJ hand. I raised him all in after his 300 bet which he promptly called with KK, i got no help and went to chip dog, BUT i made my best comeback to date and placed 7th from close to last.....

Mike Gallo
11-24-2003, 04:36 PM
As per this other JJ hand. I raised him all in after his 300 bet which he promptly called with KK, i got no help and went to chip dog,

Little raises from ep, usually mean to trap or to steal. You should have reraised enough so you could get away from the hand. If it will serve any consellation to you, an opponent open limped utg and I raised all in. He gladly called and had KK. Experience will serve as your best teacher.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop reraise him. If he pops you back, you can most likely fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, try this advice.