PDA

View Full Version : AJs from UTG+1.......... Comments?

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Stars .25/.50

*FYI: SB is the Villain from my JJ post here earlier*

I'm UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG folds, I call (Is it EVER correct to raise with this hand from EP?), MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, button calls, SB complets, BB calls.

FLOP: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, I bet, MP1 raises, folded to BB who calls, I call. At this point I was thinking that MP1 had A4o, as most of these players will play any ace, yet most don't raise with them.

TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I check, MP1 bets, BB calls, I call.

RIVER: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, I check, MP1 bets, BB calls, I overcall......

Should I have 3-bet the flop or raised the turn or river here? Any comments on my play? I felt like I shoulda showed some aggression someplace......

Results later

crockpot
11-21-2003, 08:25 PM
pre-flop call: good.

flop: fine. if you want to continue being aggressive with this hand, do so on the turn when you can charge a gutshot and make his call incorrect, if he calls at all.

i think you played it okay overall.

Sarge85
11-21-2003, 08:41 PM
I'd raise PF nearly everytime with AJs. AJo is another story that has been argued both sides.

I'd re-raise on the flop, if he pops back at me then i can more easily put him on two pair. You said it yourself - they play any ace. I wouldn't give him the 4 quite yet.

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 09:19 PM
MP1 had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

rkiray
11-21-2003, 09:30 PM
I would generally raise with AJs and call with AJo, but I don't think calling with AJs is bad. It plays well multiway and keeping people in in-case you flop a flush draw can't be that bad.