PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Jacks from the CO........

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Stars .25/.50 table

This hand is all about UTG+1, who raised approximately 50% of all flops, and I know he raised with any ace from anyplace (No Cat-In-The-Hat jokes, please)

I have J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif and am in CO

UTG folds, UTG+1 (hereafter known as the Villian) raises, folded to me, I call, folded to BB who calls.

FLOP(6 SB): 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, Villain bets, I raise, BB cold-calls (uh-oh), Villain calls.

TURN(6 BB): 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Villain bets, I raise(again), BB folds, Villain calls.

RIVER(10 BB): Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain checks, I bet, Villain calls.

Comments? Results to come later.....

TheRake
11-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Gomez,
Crockpot is gonna kill me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (see my post "2 hands should i raise the river") If villian is a maniac like you say, I think I re-raise pre-flop and try to isolate. I am not sure what the more experienced will say here, but that seems like the right move to me. I will learn from this post too...

TheRake

lil'
11-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Gomez,

Over 400 posts and you don't 3 bet with the jacks. Come on, man.

bunky9590
11-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Why didnt you three bet his sorry maniac behind pre flop?????

He probably called you down with Ace High with the 2 pair on board unless he spiked the Queen on the river. My guess is that you took it down against his A9o

BaronVonCP
11-21-2003, 08:22 PM
This is about the easiest PF 3 bet you can think of. Use the maniacs leverage to fold the button and blinds who may have overcards to your pair.

I'll make this raise against non maniacs who just have a little loose raising standards.

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 08:24 PM
I'll try to find it, but I seem to remember someone telling me once that it was not good to 3-bet with Jacks...... If I'm wrong, I'll apologize, but I didn't want Villain to know about anything I had.......

I thought about 3-betting to try and isolate, but for whatever reason, I discarded the thought. If it were AA, KK, or AK, I woulda 3-bet in a heartbeat, but I didn't here... for reasons mentioned above... I wanted to string villain along a little.

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Does anyone think if I 3-bet here I get the same action from him later in the hand? He had folded the flop a few times before this.....

lil'
11-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Lol, don't apologize to me! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

This is a perfect chance to isolate an idiot with one of the best hold 'em hands. Cold calling encourages more cold calling, and you don't want to invite people in here cheaply. Make them pay to draw against your hand if they are going to call.

You could make this play with aces sometimes, but jacks see an overcard half the time. The more you let in, the more vulnerable they are.