PDA

View Full Version : AK from UTG (One of my OIC hands) for critique

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Gomez22 has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is BB

EP1 raises, MP1 calls, Button folds, Gomez22 3-bets, EP1 caps, MP1 calls, Gomez22 calls

Flop(12 SB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Gomez22 checks, EP1 bets, MP1 folds, Gomez22 calls

Turn(7 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

Gomez22 checks, EP1 bets, Gomez22 raises, EP1 3-bets, Gomez22 calls

River(13 BB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

Gomez22 checks, EP1 bets, Gomez22 calls

This whole table had me scratching my head, as I swear there were at least 3 full out bluffs within my first 12 hands there. EP1 didn't seem like that "solid" of a player and tended to overplay hands alot. I also had no respect of his raises, as he was one of the players I had witnessed bluffing earlier.

So, considering all of this, how maw my play here? I check/called the river because I figured at best I would be looking at a split pot...... Comments? Does anyone like the check-raise on the turn?

PS: I used slavic's decoder for this, and it had me as UTG, so I changed it, as I was actually BB.

Sarge85
11-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Interesting hand.

What would EP be in with. A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

Or he has an Ace and your splitting this pot.

I think you played it as well as possible. I absolutely hate these kind of flops as they have been thrashing me lately.

Deuce Kicker
11-21-2003, 09:00 PM
I would have bet the flop. Why give up control of the board if you think you still have the best hand?

Carlos
11-21-2003, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check/called the river because I figured at best I would be looking at a split pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you think that?

Carlos

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Because of his 3-bet on the turn

Carlos
11-21-2003, 09:07 PM
The only hand you are splitting with is another AK.

Carlos

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Point taken

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 09:17 PM
EP1 had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

CrackerZack
11-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Not sure about these smaller limits as every likes to call, but it is often correct to bet out with your hand on a flop like this that is almost certain to have missed everyone.

Gomez22
11-22-2003, 01:03 AM
I checked because IF I was behind on the flop, I didn't have to pay 2 bets to see the turn, plus, I thought it might keep the other player in to help pad the pot. Plus, I check-raised the turn to "catch-up".

Am I crazy/stoopid for thinking this?

CrackerZack
11-22-2003, 01:11 AM
No, its actually a good line of play. at 1-2 its unlikely that betting out on the flop will fold everyone. Actually, with it being capped PF, you're better off this way. If he just called your PF 3-bet, betting out often will win the pot for you as most sane players are afraid they are up against an over pair. If they'll call with overcards without considering what you have, then you played it perfectly... either way, since it was capped PF by the original raiser, I think your play is very good. I'd consider capping the turn or betting out on the river, but both are very marginal but holding the Ks, you're not getting free-rolled. Unless you know the play is a bit loopy, this line of play is very good.

Edit: btw, where did you go in the OIC?

Gomez22
11-22-2003, 01:20 AM
In the OIC on TGC???? I'm currently 8th... haven't played in it since making 5/10... got scared like a little girl...... would have played it if StoneAge hadn't already won it, just to see if I could do it, but the $500 I got is pretty nice to just look at..... for a habitual .50/1.00 like me, it was quite the accomplishment for only playing 3 and a half months now....... just my opinion, though.