PDA

View Full Version : My OIC - Day 4

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 06:18 PM
So far today, I made it to 1/2 at Empire, with a balance of $101.75. Haven't played any yet, plan on doing that soon.

As far as Stars goes, it's been pretty rough over there. I was up to $38.05, but have had 3 straight losing sessions leaving me at $27.25.... still up so far, but not where I'd like to be. I had one tremendously frustrating opponent who sucked out 2 pair on the river 3 times against me this morning...... I had AA, KK, and AKs (flopped an ace). This guy was cold calling my PF raises and beat me these 3 hands with: K5o (against my aces... flop had a 5, river was a king), J7s (against the kings...... flop had a jack, river was a 7), and the best........ 74s (against my AKs..... I flopped a four flush, TP, there was a 7 on the flop, and he called down to get a 4 on the river). I didn't tilt, here... merely laughed about it and wondered: WTF?!?!?!?!
I could see this against a whole table, but it was the same guy all 3 hands! Needless to say, those 3 hands were absolutely atrocious in regards to my BR. The session I had this morning, after playing against Mr. Suck Out, I started with $27.90, won 9% of my hands, and saw the flop 22% of the time.... I ended up losing $.65...... tight table that folded to any semblance of a raise.... I even raised from UTG with pocket 4's to test my theory..... the whole table folded! Needless to say, this wasn't good for me, as I got very little action, and I DID have queens beat by pocket aces..... capped a ragged flop HU(after capping PF), then my opponent proceded to check/call me all the way, with no help cards to either of us.

Oh, well... just thought I would update the interested before I tackle Party 1/2 tables soon.

Nottom
11-21-2003, 06:31 PM
I may have missed it in the original post, but why are you doing this on two separate sites?

Good Luck with the 1/2 games.

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Just for fun....... and I only deposited $50 into Stars when I started playing there a few months ago... was down to around $25 (mostly trying to learn tourneys). Figured this would be a good chance to try and build it up a little.

TheRake
11-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Gomez,
I have my initial $50 deposit at Intertops up to $278.50. I have been playing 1/2 still (not quite sure how many hours total). I decided i wanted to get to $300 before I moved to 2/4 (I make up rules as I go /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). After I got knocked back down my first try at 2/4 I just felt this was better. I really want to get some experience at 2/4. I hope I can win some early hands when I get there so I can get some extended time. $300 seems like I don't need to play scared..so that is where I am at for the time being. GL to you freind...

TheRake

Gomez22
11-21-2003, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(I make up rules as I go ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you one of those kids that everyone got mad at playing tag or kick the can because you always had a "secret base"?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding, but good luck to you in your "journey".... keep posting... I like reading about little "quests" like this....

PS: good job on the BR so far... keep it up!