PDA

View Full Version : Mason, when you monogram my knife set, please send it to...

Easy E
11-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Mr Arrogant.

The inscription should read "To the Sherlock Holmes of Poker".

Thanks

Easy "1K" E

Mike Gallo
11-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Easy E,

Why the attack on Mason?

Easy E
11-21-2003, 03:42 PM
but another, new poster and some exchanges between the three of us.

See my "Pokerbabe" post below.

... although it is funny that you interpreted this as an attack on Mason. Did you think I was asking for a set of steak knives from him, to be sent TO him? Seems a little strange, even for me..

CrackerZack
11-21-2003, 05:30 PM
And wouldn't it be Ms. Arrogant?

Easy E
11-21-2003, 05:53 PM

johnnyhearts
11-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Actually, I think "Mr. Arrogant" is considering an apology to you only! Others still are in desperate need of his acerbic posts. He admits he didn't read your posts with enough care.

Johnny Hearts/ Team Leisure

DABANGER
11-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Dear Eazy-E:

There are times when one should admit that one was wrong. I obviously did not read the thread carefully enough. In retrospect, you were actually defending Mr. Slotboom against some of the more invidious comments that were posted on that thread. Please accept my apology for grouping you with the others.

With that being said, it is a sad fact of reality that the anonymity that this forum provides also gives the opportunity for the more cowardly among us to snipe away at the good reputation of others with impunity.

Maybe you are right in one other respect, too. Maybe I should write this whole forum off as a negative EV proposition. Rarely do I find anything of interest on here anymore. Moreover, if I do take the time to respond, that is time that could be spent working or playing cards.

So verdict is: more leisure, more goodwill, less 2 + 2, less hating.

GO USC!! GO MICHIGAN!!

Sincerely,

James Cole,
Bangtown, USA (pop. 1)

Easy E
11-24-2003, 10:31 PM
I hope that you pick up the more important lessons that are involved:

- Don't paint with broad brushstrokes, especially in an attacking way. I am not just talking about myself here.

defending Mr. Slotboom against some of the more invidious comments that were posted on that thread. Please accept my apology for grouping you with the others. I am not the only one to whom this statement applies, though I certainly was the one you directed it at, thread-wise.

While I agree with you that some of the attacks were unwarrented IMO, I also don't know if there was more behind the situation than we know about. Regardless of past history however, I too felt that some of the attacks went over the line.

However, the forums here are built, to some extent, about "attacking" ideas and putting them to the test via rigorous debate. As long as that debate isn't made personal, posters should understand and accept the fact that concepts and strategy statements are placed out here precisely TO be "attacked" by others. In this crucible, hopefully the validity of the original theories, along with the respondants' rebuttals, will be examined fully and generate a better understanding for all involved.

With that being said, it is a sad fact of reality that the anonymity that this forum provides also gives the opportunity for the more cowardly among us to snipe away at the good reputation of others with impunity.

That is true of any medium where face-to-face confrontation is not involved. However, just because you don't "know" who I am, any more than I know who you are (your "real" name in your signature notwithstanding), what comes through and stands the test is the idea, not the author. To some extent, this is a benefit GAINED by the anonymous nature of the forums; it may be easier for some to express more freely their opinions, and/or handle attacks upon their positions in this format, than they would be able to if a face and personality were involved.

This does NOT excuse certain cowardly acts, which are perpetrated solely BECAUSE of the anonymity of cyberspace that is available.

Maybe I should write this whole forum off as a negative EV proposition. Rarely do I find anything of interest on here anymore. Moreover, if I do take the time to respond, that is time that could be spent working or playing cards.

Well, you haven't been here long enough to make such a sweeping judgement on merit IMO. However, if you decide that the forums are not for you, you should certainly make the best choice for yourself.

Whatever choice you decide to make, may it be the one that serves you best.