PDA

View Full Version : NCAA + NFL Games for weekend

MHoydilla
11-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Here are the games I like this weekend:
Mich-7 Much the better team in a riverly spot, this line may be juiced lower than it should be. Two str8 losses for Mich in this series makes them upset and helps blowout Ohio St.
KC - 11 Coming off their fisrt loss and low scoring game I expect a big effort here and wouldnt be surprised to see them put up 30-40pts
KC over 45.5 I expect a big effort by KC maybe they go over without counting Oaklands pts
NY Jets -4 Jets offensly have been rolling of late, classic revenage game caused the loss last week. I cant expect Jack. to score enough in this game to keep it close.

These are just my early thoughts would appreciate others to comment on any game of these that they have an opinion about.

mikelow
11-21-2003, 03:21 PM
On your college play, I'm going back and forth on this game.
On balance, I like Ohio State.

Here's why.

1. Buckeyes have an edge in special teams and coaching. That will help keep them in the game.

2. Purdue is a quality common opponent. If you compare final scores only, Michigan's win is more impressive. But Michigan allowed 351 yards vs. the 345 allowed by Ohio State.

3. Both defenses are impressive, but Ohio State has the better defense.

Granted, Michigan has the better talent on offense, but Ohio State keeps it close.

Big Al
11-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Mike:

Dont say we didnt try to get you off of Ohio State and onto Michigan. Thought we had you convinced....Big Al

mikelow
11-22-2003, 11:44 PM
I sucked today, going 2-4, and I got off both Michigan and Georgia Tech. My only winners were with Clemson and Maryland. I lost with Memphis, Wisconsin, Houston and Colorado State.

I will be concentrating on hoops for the next few weeks (with some NFL tossed in).

My NFL picks are:

Jaguars +4
Packers -4
Panthers +3 -120
Bears/Broncos over 39
Raiders/Chiefs over 45

Fade away!

mikelow
11-23-2003, 08:42 PM
3-2 on the NFL--wound with Carolina at -110, not -120. Tough loss. On the Broncos total, I should have read Wild Bill's post first. And I was able to lay just 3.5 with the Packers. Got to get the best numbers.

MHoydilla
11-23-2003, 09:40 PM
2-3 for the weekend with my NE total. Im starting to remember why I stopped betting football 2years ago. Luckly for me a bailout game with Big Als shoe in. Either he wins and Im up for the week or I m a big loser this weekend.

mikelow
11-23-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't go for bailouts. In fact, I don't like relying on one game anymore. It puts too much pressure on decision making skills (not my strength).

I like to have several games working for me on any day I wager.