PDA

View Full Version : Hand reading excercise

01-03-2002, 04:54 PM
10 players. All fold to button(BT), who raises. SB calls. BB 3 bets. BT and SB calls. All 3 players are tight and aggressive playing the HPFAP style...

Flop comes 9h 8d 6d. SB checks. BB bets. BT raises. SB 3 bets. BB caps. BT and SB calls.

Turn comes Th. BB bets. BT raises. SB and BB calls.

River comes Qs. All check. SB takes down the pot.

Can you guess what each player is holding?

01-03-2002, 05:26 PM
To recap:

10 players. All fold to button(BT), who raises. SB calls. BB 3 bets. BT and SB calls. All 3 players are tight and aggressive playing the HPFAP style...

Flop comes 9h 8d 6d. SB checks. BB bets. BT raises. SB 3 bets. BB caps. BT and SB calls.

Turn comes Th. BB bets. BT raises. SB and BB calls.

River comes Qs. All check. SB takes down the pot.

BB has KK.

BT has Ah 7h.

SB has Jd Td.

Did you come close guessing what each player has? How would you rate each player's play in this hand?

01-03-2002, 06:04 PM
My guess was somewhat close

I had BB with 10,10

and button with 7,7

I had sb with jd,9d

The only thing that confused me was the sb check on the river. Noone is probably going to bet without the J yet might call with a set. sb also can't fear K,10 given the play.

01-04-2002, 03:25 PM
each player is holding... a mouse? this sounds extremely like a ramjam paradise poker low limit hand.

01-05-2002, 12:56 AM
was close.

i had:

BB= AA

SB= JTs

BT= ATd

Should have figured out that button had A7s... oh well.

01-05-2002, 05:51 AM
Since when does someone playing a "tight and agressive" style simply call a button open-raise instead of 3-betting it?

The SB failing to bet the river is insane, and I don't particularly like his play on the turn. Checking-calling 2 cold is almost always wrong.