PDA

View Full Version : Remember to keep your head!

LetsRock
11-21-2003, 01:10 PM
I was playing on line last night and almost did something so stupid on every level that I would have been pissed at myself for a long, long time.

Been having a couple of rough, ugly sessions where if the rags aren't in my hand they hit the board. You all know what I'm talking about. And when I did catch something I'd get drawnout by someone else's rags. So I have really negative expectations about the board right now....

Anyway I get AA in BB. I raise and get 4 callers UTG, MP and Btn.

Flop:A/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, UTG call, MP raises /images/graemlins/grin.gif, Btn fold and I just smooth call to keep the action going. (Table has been real timid for about an hour.) 3 to Turn.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
Since I been getting whacked lately 2 suits on the board scares me to death and slow play is over for me. I bet and both call (which I found very interesting).

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="red"> All I see is the cussin, cussin blankety blank /images/graemlins/club.gif. DAM RIVER!, cuss, cuss, cussity cusser </font> /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I bet (don't show weakness, I tell myself), UTG RAISES!

<font color="red"> (Great! Just great! He caught his cussin flush! cuss, cuss lucky cussin blankety blank </font> /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif),

MP re-raises (which brought me back to earth /images/graemlins/smile.gif (I had put him on AJ)

<font color="orange"> great now he has a boat....</font> <font color="purple"> wait a minute.... I have a boat.</font> /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="green"> I hope he has JJ for the bad beat! </font> /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif I cap and drag a pretty good pot.

I came so close to throwin away my "set" of aces out of anger that I honestly don't know how I managed to see the boat. MP's raise refocused my vision of the hand (because of his previous raises) and I saw the the /images/graemlins/club.gif and the J.

Please don't let this happen to you. Keep your head.

Btw, this hand was set up especially nicely as I had smooth called pfr with AA last orbit in BB so nobody expected me to actually have the Aces with this raise.

(I know, I know but I'm sure this smooth-call got me at least 6 big-bets I wouldn't have with a raise, as this was a very timid table about once an orbit, the SB was folding pf to end the hand! No action at all!)

Great timing to set up the action above.

Gator
11-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Did something as bad. Had 5d 6d on the button in a No Limit Holdem $20 sit N go. I limp.

Flop is : 2c Qd Ad. MP makes minimum bet, I call and EP calls. Turn is As (ugh). EP checks, MP again bets minimum ($30), I raise another $30. EP folds, MP raises $30 and I call. River is 2s. Missed my flush and I click to fold my cards. UB reminds me that it’s free to ck and I click ok. MP checks, truns over Jd Th and we split the pot!!

gregdillon
11-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Yea. I folded my A-4 one time cause I thought I was out kicked when the board was A-3-5-10-2. Luckly it was a measly pot...but I was still kicking my-self for my brain laps.

serling
11-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Nice one, Rock.

To also file under "keep your head"... or, keep your Party windows aligned.

Last night my stupidity came in trying to raise my preflop AA on one screen, when another screen popped up and I clicked on that button instead. Of course, that table happened to be pot limit and that button just HAD to be "Bet Pot." I winced when I looked at the cards: 35. And then that wince turned louder when the screen switched back and I folded the pocket AA.

Fortunately, everyone folded to my pot bet on 35.

It was time for bed shortly thereafter.

serling

jt1
11-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Thank you all for your posts. Now I know that misreading your hand or the board is part of the game and not something fundamentally wrong with my character. In a kill game I thought I had a flush when the third club hit on the turn and raised the turn and bet the river like I had the nuts and of course some fool kept calling with a straight draw and got his straight and beat me. I turned over my cards and announced a flush to the table and the straight looked at me and said 'in your dreams'