PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

CardCuda
11-21-2003, 12:40 PM
The Paradise .50-$1.00 have loosened up quite a bit this last week. 50-60% seeing the flop. And I'm getting killed in these games. Hands from a session from last night (3 hours -55BB)

A-Ks (3 times) 0 Wins
A-Ko (4 Times) 0 Wins
A-A (2 times) 0 Wins
K-K (2 times) 1 Win ($2.00 pot)
Q-Q (3 Times) 2 wins ($11.00 total for 2 pots)
J-J (4 times) 0 Wins

Hand review for example -

I hold A-A UTG and raise pre-flop 3 callers, 4 see the flop

2-8-10

I bet all fold except for CO who raises ended up capping the flop.

Turn = 4

I bet Co raises I raise capped again.

River = K

I bet CO raises I call. He shows me K-2o for the win???

Betting into me with a pair of 2's???? This went on for the whole session last night and the night before. I'm down 125BB for (2) 4 hour sessions. This is starting to suck. I should be thrilled about such plays. It's going to come back right? But upon review of my records the tighter the table the bigger the win percentage for me. The Looser tables are killing me? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Anyway enough of my whining - 2 bad sessions back to back, I'll start anew tonight!

pudley4
11-21-2003, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But upon review of my records the tighter the table the bigger the win percentage for me. The Looser tables are killing me? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily.

(In general) If you're playing against tighter players, you'll more than likely win more hands and more sessions than against loose players; however, the amount you win each hand (and session) will be smaller.

When you play against loose (and aggressive) opponents, you'll win less often (fewer hands and possibly fewer sessions) but the wins you do get will be much bigger.

cjx
11-21-2003, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But upon review of my records the tighter the table the bigger the win percentage for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Your win percentage may very well be higher, but your BB's won would likely not be. I hear stat thrown around about AA only winning 35% of the time or something if all hands are taken to the river every time, well... that is kind of what you are up against. So, while you might not win as many hands as you can at a tighter table (where you can raise preflop, get 1-2 callers, raise the flop and cause them to fold) you should be able to take down pots much larger than the tight tables and hopefully maintain the ability to laydown losers. Granted the beats will come a bit more often, but that's the beauty of the .5-1 tables... people are playing with absolute crap so often that some beats are inevitable. As many mention has been made in response to, "I'm running bad..." ... stay the path, if you play well, especially better than your opponents, you WILL finish ahead.

cjx