PDA

View Full Version : Two $.5/$1 Party Hands

el_grande
11-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Appreciate your input. Here goes...

Hand 1

I'm 2 from the button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

1 MP caller, I call, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets, MP raises, I 3-bet (bad?), CO folds, BB calls, MP calls

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Everyone checks

River: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, MP raises, I fold

Comments? I need some guidance on this hand.

Hand 2

I'm in UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, I raise, everyone folds except for CO who calls

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, CO calls

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, CO calls

River: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, CO calls

Seems straightforward, but he turned over AA.
Have you seen anyone play AA like this heads up? I guess there's nothing you can do about it. The guy had done some pre-flop raising before so it was really strange.

Nottom
11-21-2003, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen anyone play AA like this heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

He should have raised the river. Other than that its a possible way to play heads up against an aggressive player.

Carlos
11-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Hand 1:
Preflop I either raise or fold mainly depending on my chances of bying the button and getting it heads up.

I don't like the turn check since it will often leave you with a difficult river decision. Use your position and bet the turn as the last money you put into the pot. If you're willing to invest 3 sb on the flop you should be willing to invest another bb to get a showdown.

I don't know what to make of the flop 3-bet. These combination hands are tough.

Hand 2:
You lost the absolute minimum. Even though it's impossible to read this kind of player it's important to keep on valuebetting your good hands against them. Bad and mediocre hands are much more common that good hands.

Carlos

chesspain
11-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Hand 1: Raise or fold preflop...you don't want to be playing ATo in a five-way pot, or worse, having it raised after you. On the flop, I'ld be looking for an excuse to muck, with only top pair and a draw to the fourth nut flush. If I was going to stay in, I'ld likely just coldcall and see what the turn brought, unless I thought a 3-bet would knock out everyone but the raiser.

Hand 2: Can't do much about the outcome, except to be thankful that you didn't lose even more /images/graemlins/smirk.gif