PDA

View Full Version : AK hand in the BB

Shargaas
11-20-2003, 10:18 PM
I just posted in the BB at a new on-line, micro-limit table and have no read on the players. The table stats say around 60% seeing the flop. I get dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

4 players limp to the CO who raises, the button calls 2 cold and the SB folds. Call, or raise here? I raised, 2 of the limpers cold call 2 more, the CO and button also call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I decide to bet out, the MP limpers both call, CO raises, button folds. Call, raise or fold here? I decide to call and see if the 4th club emerges.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out, 1 MP limper folds, the other calls, and CO raises again. I decide to call it down unless the 4th club hits.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Pow. If I was ahead before, I ain't now. I check, MP bets out, CO calls, and I fold.

Feel free to criticize all aspects of my play. What could I or should I have done differently? Results upcoming.

rkiray
11-21-2003, 01:29 PM
In most microlimit games I think I'd almost always raise with AK. In higher limit games that are aggresive with observant opponents you can sometimes call in the blinds planning to cr if you hit the flop or if all rags flop but I wouldn't advise fancy plays like this at this level normally.

Until I had a read on the raiser, I'd probably check and call the turn.

Shargaas
11-24-2003, 12:07 AM
As it happens, the MP player had A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the winner. The hand history showed that the CO had 77 and had flopped the set. At least I saved one bet on the river....

GuyOnTilt
11-24-2003, 12:37 AM
You should fold the flop to the raise. This is a situation where, if you are ahead, your reverse implied odds are such that folding the flop with TPTK for one bet is actually correct.

GoT

Shargaas
11-24-2003, 11:49 AM
In this instance, that was certainly the play. I was way behind the CO, with the MP guy drawing to the nuts. I find it very difficult to throw away good hands like TPTK or an overpair, even on a one-tone board, and perhaps that is one part of my game I really need to work on. My instincts as to when I am beat and when I should stay in are not the best and I hope that improves with practice.