PDA

View Full Version : Partypoker Multi Hand

Vagos
11-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Ok, I had about 4300 left in chips with the average around 10,500 and the blinds 400-800. I pick up A8o on the SB and everyone mucks to me. I move all in and get called by K9s. He pulls a river 9 and I go out right before the money(76th place, it payed top 70). Was this the right play or not?

curmudgeon
11-20-2003, 10:39 PM
if you wanted to be ITM then you should have played tighter to get it.... not gamblin all in with a medium A... suck it up.... PATIENCE & SURVIVAL

crockpot
11-20-2003, 11:39 PM
looks fine. ordinarily you wouldn't expect to be ahead if called, but you have a through ticket for a short stack. shove 'em in and hope for a fold.

Schneids
11-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Yes, that was the right play. 1200 in blinds adds nicely to your 4300 stack, that is well worth the risk against two random hands who will almost always fold anything but premium holdings in this spot so close to the money.

Basically, your only options there were to fold or go all in.

Copernicus
11-21-2003, 12:18 PM
The BB had you covered, but by how much? If he was a big stack I would wait for a better hand, a similar stack I like your play. The blinds have passed for a few hands and good things can happen to those who wait. A big stack (which is what I assume he had) can call you with a marginal hand and spike the right cards.

If he is a similar stack than you then I wouldnt call in his seat with K9 unless I read you as a likely steal. If he was similar, bad read, bad result for you, better luck next time.

Vagos
11-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the BB had about 8500-9000. A bigger stack than me, but he's still putting about half his chips in with K9. Also, I should mention that this was a small tourney compared to the cash game stakes I play so finishing in the first or second level of money was not a big priority for me, my only goal was to make the final table.