PDA

View Full Version : QJo How's my 3 bet on the flop? How's the rest of the hand?

ZeeJustin
11-20-2003, 09:16 PM
How is my play on this hand? I'm mostly conserned with the flop and turn.

15/30 Party LHE
Total number of players : 10
No short stacks at the table
raedk posts small blind (10)
MikeD424 posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ZeeJustin [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
3 people fold
MikeyHy calls (15)
olddummy calls (15)
ZeeJustin calls (15)
CO and BB fold
raedk calls (5)
MikeD424 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
raedk bets (15)

raedk is awful. He sees 62% of the flops, and plays his hands randomly, some passively and some aggressively. It's near impossible to get a read on him.

MikeD424 calls (15)

MikeD424 is loose passive. He sees 65% of the flops.

MikeyHy folds.
olddummy raises (30) to 30

Olddummy is new to the table. I have no read on him.

ZeeJustin raises (45) to 45

How is my raise here? The main reason I did it was to get a free card on the turn. Normally I would not do this, but the 2 people that are left to call 2 bets are both very loose and will probably stay in. I'm certainly not looking to get anyone to fold.

raedk calls (30)
MikeD424 calls (30)
olddummy calls (15)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ J /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
raedk checks.
MikeD424 bets (30)
olddummy folds.
ZeeJustin calls (30)

Now I've hit top pair. Should I raise here? I still have my straight draw as well (obviously).

raedk calls (30)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
raedk bets (30)
MikeD424 calls (30)
ZeeJustin raises (60) to 60

There is a flush on the board now. I'm pretty confident my raise here is correct, but I just want to make sure, especially with raedk (complete idiot) coming out and betting.

raedk folds.
MikeD424 calls (30)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $492 | Rake: $3
Board: [ T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
ZeeJustin balance $586, bet $150, collected $492, net +$342 [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ a straight, eight to queen -- Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif,J /images/graemlins/club.gif,T /images/graemlins/heart.gif,9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
MikeD424 balance $2051, lost $150 [ 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] [ a straight, seven to jack -- J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,T /images/graemlins/heart.gif,9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

ZeeJustin
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM

nykenny
11-21-2003, 12:44 PM
raise on turn.

Paluka
11-21-2003, 12:52 PM
I think I prefer calling on the flop, raising on the turn.
I think it is a bad idea to post people's usernames on this forum and call them poor players and cite statistical evidence against them. It is doesn't do anyone any good. You could just as easily called him Seat X and said "Seat X is a poor player who sees 60% of the flops" etc...

34TheTruth34
11-21-2003, 01:15 PM
1. I think you should usually fold preflop, QJo is garbage. However, if there are players that limped in front of you that play badly, I would considering raising to isolate them and get the rest of the players out. You should play a lot more hands in that situation, but I think you should be raising with most of them.

2. I think you should just call on the flop. It looks like they have something with all the betting. It's unlikely that you'll get any of them to fold. You could get a free card on the turn, but wouldn't you rather be last and be able to raise the turn and trap them for multiple bets if you hit your straight?

Ulysses
11-21-2003, 04:02 PM
As others have said, call the flop and raise the turn.